"Who's Clay?" I asked curiously, quickly apologizing for interrupting him.

Arlis looks to me quickly. "A Vampire who makes me want to puke." He turned back to Alpha Rylee. "Why the hell are you telling me this. What makes you think he's up to something? Are you just trying to get me against two groups so my pack will go down?"

Alpha Rylee rolled his eyes. "Because he was acting funny at the meeting you ditched and I had to fill in at."

Arlis popped his knuckles. "Thanks but no thanks, I don't care about Vamps. Where are Chleo and Sam?"

"Arlis I'm not trying to rile you up. I'm a reasonable man, just like when Constance—"

"REASONABLE!?"Arlis yelled incredulously. "Reasonable? WHERE ARE MY BETA AND SAM!? Tell me or this dagger is going into your heart." He held up a dagger.

Constance searches her waist line for the dagger, glaring at Arlis. "Did you take my dag—"

"Shut up Constance." Arlis didn't even look her in the face, but his tone was enough for her to hold her hands up and take a step back.

Alpha Rylee paced in a straight line, his hands behind his head. "I need you to listen to me. She's in—"

"Where. Are. They?" He ran at Alpha Rylee and pressed him against the wall, the dagger over his throat. Jacobi and Damon took a step forward, but there was nothing they could really do."You know how Hunters role. This is Lotus poisoned. Tell me or your kids won't have a father and your mate will probably die from depression. I won't hesitate to make them feel your death."

I didn't know anything in that moment except heartbreak. How could he say something like that? I understood the situation but he wouldn't really do something with that purpose in mind would he?

"Fine. I hope Clay fucks you over. Jacobi, go get them." Alpha Rylee ordered.

Jacobi walked outside, but I didn't miss the apologetic look he sent me. In my eyes he'd always be evil, always be the man who tore my back open. But he at least looked apologetic. Couldn't say the same for Arlis who still held a dagger over Rylee's throat.

I jumped when the door shut and Chleo sank to the floor, his face bloody. Sam was next to him, in perfect condition besides... never-mind. The back of Sam's head was bleeding and a knot was there.

"SAM!" Seymour ran to Sammy at the same time Iris ran to Chleo.

I didn't run anywhere except out the door.

I couldn't be this. Why did I think I could? I put my hand against the wall of the cabin and bent over, puke falling from my mouth. This was my fault. I wanted to come. I thought... I thought I needed too.

Arlis was going to kill him. He was thinking about how much it would hurt Rylee's family.

I cried as I leaned against the cold log wall. "What am I doing here. I'm Kadelyn Summers, not Luna Kate." I shook my head and closed my eyes, reminding myself of earlier times. A week ago when my biggest issue was pineapple on pizza.

"Kate?" Warm hands pulled my hair back lightly, as I puked again, nothing coming up but air because I was apparently an anorexic teenager at this point.