[five]

"Elaine!" Madam Mistaké scowls.

"Good morning to you too, Madam," I say, a pretty smile drawn across my face. I already know what's about to happen.

She, once again, hits me on the head with this morning's newspaper.

"I thought after our conversation yesterday you wouldn't return to the docks! Yet you did, and told the rest of them!" She scolds.

"I'm sorry. I mean, they would find out eventually," I say sheepishly, attempting to lighten the situation.

She glares at me. "I want you sleeping here and waking up here. No leaving for a week, yes?"

"You're grounding me?" I exclaim. "I'm an adult!"

"Yes. That way, we have more time for training," she says, turning her back towards me.

"But-"

"No buts. Butts are for sitting."

And that was that.

"Come," She says. She takes me into the side room. A cabinet was up against the back wall, and she walks up to it. Mistaké opens the cabinet and takes out a wooden box.

She opens it and hands it to me. I take it gingerly and gasp, looking in awe at its contents.

"Are these mine?" I ask.

"Yes," She responds, taking them out of the box and holding them in the air.

The weapons gleam in the sunlight, light bouncing off them.

"These two throwing daggers are replicas of the ones the last master of air used. It is up to you if you want them or not."

"I do," I say. She hands me the daggers and I hold them carefully.

"Throw one," She says.

I look at the line in between the doors of the cabinet, and aim.

I throw the dagger, curling it around my finger as it leaves my hand. It hits the line perfectly, going right in between the boundary.

"How'd I do that?" I mutter.

Mistaké smiles. "It's in your blood."

The rest of the day I practiced fighting with my daggers. When night fell, I couldn't go back to my hotel room or the docks, so I decided to call Lloyd instead.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hey. Don't go to the docks tonight. I'm practically on house arrest here," I say, chuckling.

"You too? Wu and the guys have me on lockdown."

I laugh. "How's Cole treating you? He seemed kinda pissed the other night," I ask.

"Better. He questioned me at first, but it's all good now. I've been teased endlessly though."

I laugh. "Seems like them."

"How much closer are you to training with us?" He asks.

"Well, Mistaké gave me a replica of the first master of air's weapons today. Two throwing daggers."

"Ooh, classy. You know how to use them?"

"Yeah, sorta surprised I know how," I say.

Lloyd laughs. "It's part of you. I guess."

"Funny, Mistaké said sort of the same thing. Like it was in my blood," I say, thinking.

"Huh. Shit- I hear someone coming," he says. I hear him tuck his phone underneath something, but I could still hear the conversation.