C24

I woke up, and started packing up my stuff for moving back to New York.

I was still mourning my brother's death, so I decided to let Laf stay with me before we can find a bigger house.

"Laf, are you up there?" I called from the stairs.

"Yes, cheri." He chuckled.

"Come down. I have a surprise." I sat down on the couch.

"Coming." He made his way down the stairs, almost tripping on the last step.

"Careful, Gilbert." I smiled.

"Shh." He shushed me, and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay, okay." I took out a basket full of letters, and made him pick one out.

"Get one." I shuffled the letters around, throwing some in the air, then landing it back in the basket.

He hummed, and closed his eyes. He picked out a letter, and the reaction on his face was priceless.

He was blushing as if he was Helpless.

"What did you get, Gilllllbert?" I said, prolonging the 'L'.

"Welllll," He mocked me.

I took the envelope from him, and he cringed at my action.

"Ooh, your confession letter to me!" I laughed, and opened the letter.

My dearest, (Y/N).

I've waited for so long to tell you, but I want to tell in real life. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

I liked you from the first time I saw you. You're the only one that has left me to be alive.

I wish you would have the same feelings to me.

Marquis de Lafayette

"Aww, your English was still rusty." I gave him a peck on the lips.

He turned it into a bigger kiss.

"Gilbert, no." I pulled away.

"Not now." I stroked his cheek.

"Amour, with you wearing that, it's so hard for me to resist."

I was wearing clothes.. Fuckin' clothes.

"Ah, so with me wearing nothing, you can resist?" I smirked.

"No. I'll just smash." He jumped on me.

"It's not the time, Laf." I kissed him, and pouted.

"Fine, I'll wait." He gave me a fake smile.

"I promise I'll make it up to you, baby." I scooted up to him.

"I like it when you call me baby" He licked his lips.

"Gilbert, as much as I'd like to call you baby, I have to bring flowers to my brother's coffin." I kissed him on the cheek, and made my way to the carriage.

-- a few days passing --

I received a letter from Antoine. I decided to ignore it, and leave it in my desk.

"Laf, I got a letter." I hollered.

"From whom?" He growled.

"Antoine." I sighed.

"Why is he still sending to you?" He sat beside me, and I decided to give him a talk.

"I don't know, Laf." I moved beside him.

"Well. I want to read it before you do." He growled.

"Go ahead. His words mean nothing to me, anyway." I scoffed.

He opened the note, and I SWEAR I SAW MADNESS IN HIS EYES. THIS MAN IS CRAZY.

My dearest love, (Y/N).

I'm so sorry for what happened to John. I'm sorry for what I did to your parents. I love you, and they were holding us back from our love.

You may not return the feelings, but I'll make you understand that our love is more than just a word.

You may have found a boyfriend, but he's no match against me. He won't last long, and hey.. I'm sure he doesn't last long in bed either.

Antoine Roux

"I'll prove him wrong." He slid his hand to the side of my waist.

"I know you're frustrated. So am I--"

"Then why not?" I could feel the traces of his lips on my sensitive skin.

"You have to wait for it, Gilbert." I pushed him further from me.

"What did he to to your parents?" He cleared his throat.

I stayed quiet...