Chapter 12

The next few weeks were hard. It wasn't easy for me and KJ. I had to get over all of my irrational fears. My ribs and my arm was still healing, but I was going to be alright. KJ had to leave me often at home alone. He still had to work, and they already had to set back the release date because of what happened to me. I worked and wrote the script from home. It would sometimes get lonely. I managed.

  Weeks kept creeping by, and soon it was time for the holidays. 

"What are we going to do for Christmas?" KJ asked one morning while cooking breakfast. 

"I don't know. My family is closer but I don't know. My family is a little out there." He rolled his eyes at your comment. 

"I think we should see your family." He said, and I groaned. 

"I'll talk to my mom today while you're at work. We'll see babe." You weren't excited to call your mom this afternoon. 

  The day went on and on, KJ was going to be home soon and I still haven't talked to my mom. I don't know if I was ready too. Before I moved we had a big fight. She was going on about how I wasn't going to get anywhere as a writer. She wanted me to "get a real job". We've talked since then, but it wasn't the same. 

  I picked up my phone and dialed her name. "Hello?" She picked up the phone. 

"Hey mom."

"Oh Y/N. I wasn't expecting you to call." She said with no emotion. 

"Yeah, KJ and I were wondering what you were doing for the Holidays, since we're both off." I replied swiftly.

"Oh, your sister and brother are coming down. Then your grandmother went to see your uncle this year. Which I'm still pissed off at." I honestly didn't care, but I had to at least try.

"Oh, that's too bad. Would you like for KJ and I to come down?" I asked.

"Oh... I wasn't expecting the extra pair of people. But I mean if you really want to you can. Don't expect presents from me though darling." She laughed.

"Got it. We'll be there the 23rd."

"Okay sweet cheeks." Mom hung up the phone.  I groaned at the thought of going there for Christmas. I did want them to see how lucky I got with KJ though. 

  I heard the door open, then I heard the heavy footsteps of KJ. 

"Hey babe. Did you talk to your mom?" He kissed my lips lightly. 

"Yes..." I groaned.

"Was it bad?" He looked me in the eye worried.

"No.. Kind of. She said we could come down. I said we would be there on the 23rd." I sighed. I wasn't excited. Today was the 20th, that means I had three days until I had to see my mother, and siblings.

  The days leading up to our plane were horrible. They went by so slow, I had a lot of anxiety. Finally, it was time to board the plane. I was so nervous I wanted to throw up. It has been over a year since I've seen my mom.  

  We drove to the airport and I had a heavy ache in my chest. I would have to see her in a few hours...

A/N: I know that was kind of short, but I have something good planned for further chapters. Anyhow: Love you guys. Keep reading. <3 <3