Chapter 10

*Cole's POV*
"Do you want coffee?" I asked Y/N.
"Sure." She croaked back at me. There was pain in her eyes, and I couldn't help. It hurt me.
I got her coffee done, and gave it to her. I sat down across from her.
"How are you holding up?" It had been only two days since she found out she had a miscarriage. She came home with me after. It pained her to look at KJ in the eyes.
"Not good Cole. Not good." She mumbled and shook her head. She then took a small sip of her coffee. "I just keep thinking about how much we wanted this... But I failed KJ. I failed him."
"You didn't fail anyone Y/N. It wasn't your fault." She looked at me as if I was stupid.
"I invited KJ to come over today."
"Cole." She glared at me.
"He loves you. Stop pushing him away. I don't know what you went through Y/N." I sighed. "I can only help so much." She got up and went to my spare bedroom.
  I called KJ.
"Hello?" He said with pain. "How is sh-"
"Not good. The better question is how are you?" I interrupted him.
"Not good either. Why is she pushing me away, Cole?"
"She thinks she failed you KJ." I sighed. "Just come over and try to talk to her. Please?"
"Alright. I'll come over." He sighed. We said our goodbyes and hung up.
                 *Y/N's POV*
  I felt horrible, my heart was heavy. It was a rock in my chest. I knew it wasn't right to do this to KJ, but I couldn't look him in the eye.
  I was laying in Cole's guest bedroom bed, I heard my door creak open. I knew it was Cole from the light footsteps. The bed deepened at the end.
"He's coming over." Cole said. He wasn't asking if it was okay, he knew that we needed this. Even though I didn't think so.
  He left the room, leaving me alone. I was stressing. I felt like I could die. It was strange because usually KJ would be here helping me through it. It was difficult without him, but it might be more difficult with him.
  I heard the front door open and my heart started to beat fast. I laid my head down, and acted like I was asleep. I felt him walk over. He sat besides me.
"I know you're not asleep baby." He said lightly. Like he was about to cry. I didn't reply.
"I just wanted to say that I miss you a lot. I miss cuddling, I miss your laugh, your smile, I miss kissing you." He sniffled, "I don't want you to think this is your fault. It's not. We couldn't have predicted that this would happen. I want you to know that I will always be here for you." He placed his hand on my arm. I flinched, and sat up.
"KJ, I miss you too. I just can't do this right now." I didn't look him in the eye. I couldn't. I started thinking about everything, it made me cry. He was crying too. I needed to get out.
  I got up quickly. I grabbed my keys, my coat, and my wallet. I didn't know where I was gonna go, but I had to leave.
"Y/N, where are you going?" KJ asked sniffling. I didn't respond.
  I walked briskly out the door and into the living room. KJ was following me. As soon as I opened the front door he started speaking. "Y/N please don't leave me again." He was sobbing. Before he could stop me I slammed the door closed.
  I got into my car, and pulled out of the driveway fast. My eyes were blurry because I was crying. I couldn't really see anything but I kept driving.
  I saw bright yellow lights. I heard honking, and then all I felt was pain. Everywhere. The pain was strong. What happened? The pain was unbearable. I screamed. I hear some screaming for help. I couldn't see anything, but I could feel the blood. It was so easy to close my eyes. Everything went blank.

A/N: Ugh so heartbreaking. Keep reading!! Love you guys!! ❤❤