Book 2 - chap 1.

I sat down on the chaise, enjoying the beautiful view of the pool and the sweet sun.
Lost in the romance novel I was reading, I had no idea when the maid walked by " ma'am" she excuses herself dropping an orange juice on the table near by.

Delores is the best maid ever , she knows when not to pry , which is always.
Just when I was about to take a gulp of my fruit juice, my alarm went off.
God!.

It's already two in the afternoon, meaning I have to go pick up Rafeeq and Rafee'ah from the crećhe and attend a business meeting later.

Getting Mustapha to let me work, wasn't an easy task, not to talk about our kids being just two years old - which made this decision not to allow me easier.
I had to use all the trick in the book to get him to allow me work.
I can't just depend on my husband for every little needs of mine and besides I want to start sending allowance to mah.
Getting off, the comfortable chaise, I sauntered inside the building to get change.

Living in Manhattan does have it perks, a large house, big pool, basketball field and neighbors who are barely noticeable . Everything is just perfect except the fact that we are the only Muslims in whole block. The mosque is three blocks away.
We Normally celebrate Eid as a family at my inlaws abode.

Celebrating Eid this year will surely be dull.
Mum had moved back to Nigeria few months after the demise of Dad.
She claims all her children are far away and had settled into their new lives leaving her so lonely.

Sure, she had friends but she had always been a family woman.
She decided it was time she goes back home so her generation won't forget their roots.

After wearing a black gown with red scarf , I picked the car keys from the kitchen counter and headed out.

---------------

My beautiful angels were bickering over God knows what when i arrived.
"You are late again" a young lady said.
"Yes" I replied nervously.
I had always been late picking them up this couple of days albeit the alarm.
"It won't happen" I open the back door for my kids to hop on.
" Don't forget Rafee'ah has a play date by 3pm" she wears the same weary smile.
"Of course " I smile starting the car engine.
Why did i ever let sameera talk me into this.
Keeping up on this lifestyle is so exhausting.

Dropping the kids off, I instructed Delores to take Rafee'ah for her play date and drop Rafeeq with his Dad while I head out for my meeting promising to get them on my way back home.

The meeting went great, I had finally convinced them to go with my idea.
Just after wrapping everything up, I headed to the parking lot where I bump into Mustapha.

"Its about time" he rolled his eyes skyward.
"Aren't you suppose to be with Rafeeq? " I asked.
"Well..." he started scratching the back of his head which is a habit of his each time he gets nervous.
"Well i thought, we could grab a drink, just... " "you thought wrong " I cut him off.
" Are you going to let your poor husband's hopes die " he pouts.
What!
He's so stupid but funny.
"Please " he pressed.
"Ok, let's go" I rolled my eyes pressing the cars remote .
" We will go in my car " he stated.
"And leave mine, hell no" i frown.
" Ok, have it your way " he said.
"But don't blame me if I don't get the car door for you " he smugs.
" We are passed formalities and we'll know that you're not a gentle man " I said slyly.
"What!"
" did I hurt your ego" I teased entering my car.
Mustapha shooked his head and left.

I really miss those days that I had no courage to voice my opinion, time have really changed us.

Arriving at a porch restaurant , I parked my car by the parking lot when I suddenly sensed a shadow over my window.
Looking through the window, I realized it was mustapha ready to do what he said he won't.
I couldn't help but smirk.
He opened the door, and I came out.
"Thanks" i blush.
"Oh save that for later" he teased.
I mentally rolled my eyes.
Locking our arms we made our way in.

--------
Deep into the date.
Mustapha told me a news which I do not know how I feel about.
I do want to go back there but it also holds memories, memories I do not want to revived.
"It will be ok" he said soothingly relaxing my nerves.
"Of course it will, I have you " I said looking into his eyes.

If life has given me any gift, then it's him.
He's the perks I have for being a daughter to my family.

Whoa!, here's the first chapter for our mini book 2.

Check it out on my page, thanks for your unending support.