chap 10.

IBN MAS'UD (May Allah be pleased with him) said : "the message of Allah (PEACE BE UPON HIM SAID), HE WHO (ON BE FALLING A CALAMITY ) SLAPS HIS CHEEKS, TEARS HIS CLOTHS AND FOLLOWS THE WAYS AND TRADITIONS OF THE DAYS OF IGNORANCE IS NONE OF US". [AlBUKHARI AND MUSLIM].

I woked up quite early the next morning and mustapha was no where to be found.
I scanned the room for the second time, and he still wasn't there.

Perhaps,he must have left for the mosque, I thought as I went into the bathroom to have my ablution on.
After praying , I went to the balcony and stood till the dawn disappeared.

After returning to the bedroom I saw mustapha back, laying in peace.

I wen't to the kitchen where aunt fanne was busy instructing her helps.
"Morning aunt " i greeted.
"What can I help you with" I asked smiling.
"First stop calling me aunt" she reprimanded.
"Isn't your husband's mum, like a mum to you?" She asked.
"She is" I replied.
"You don't have to help here, just make sure your husband is up and ready by 7am".
"But, mum ..."
"Stop it" she smiled "are you very eager to serve your husband your hand made dish, aren't you "
"Mum", I whined getting shy.

"Aunt, let her be.
I also support her, if she doesn't feed her husband who will" Chirp in sameera.
"You are awake? " asked aunt amused.
"Yes" she nods.
"That's a first for you".
I honestly, had no intentions making mustapha breakfast , but since they insist I will.

And sameera, by now I have come to learn that she has motives behind every action.
Mum and sameera left me in the kitchen .
I had no idea how to use their foreign kitchen appliances, so I asked the helps for help.
The table was set with pan cakes and maple syrups , omelet, muffin and beacon.

Mustapha was served coffee with muffin, omelet and beacon.
I made by way to the table right in time when mum got mustapha breakfast away from him.

"Today you would be eating what your wife made" says mum staring at me.
I flash her a smile as I dropped the dish I had made , it was Moringa sauce and bulum.
Mustapha looked at the food and then at me.
"Is anything wrong? "asked father noticing mustapha playing with his breakfast.
"I just lost my apatite " beamed mustapha.

"Hahaha, aunt.
You know , your son isn't use to local dishes like that ,God forbid even the dogs won't give a second glance at it".
"Sameera!, mind your attitude" scolded dad.
"Mum, am sorry I just don't know how to prepare modern dishes". I said remembing a while ago at the kitchen when I had ask fanna if it will be OK, if I make a local dish for mustapha and she told me he is fond of local dishes.
I wonder why she lied.
"It's OK, falmata with time you will learn all this" , mum assured me.

I went to the kitchen perturbed, I sat on the floor, hugging my legs.
Am seriously tired of this, the marriage, samira and everyone.
Honestly sameera behaves like a child and nothing more, I was deep in my thought when fanna walked by.
On noticing me, she sqeaul .."falmata".
"Fanna", I smiled but it faltered when I recalled earlier.
I had nothing to tell her, I thought she was different but am wrong,
She's just like that awful girl, samira,
What I didn't get was, her motivate.

"Falmata, am sorry" she said, now squatting near me.
I rolled my eyes.
"I know" she said piquing my curiosity "what's bothering you".
"I lied because I was told to" I almost choke on her words,
"Who " , i asked almost curious, though deep down i knew it would be none other than samira.
"Samira", she blurted out confirming my allegation.
"I had to", she said remorsefully.
"Heres a tip, Mustapha hates any soup that's dark , just like what you prepared today" .
"Falmata I know you would think that mustapha despises you",
I gave her , the i gave her the I don't know what you are saying look.
"Oh , c'mmon , I know samira was at your honeymoon" she spat out.
"You do?" I asked rather stupidly.
"Of course,i do". I overhead them .

"Well am here to tell you, beneath the duchebag he's being, and his awful attitude towards you , mustapha is a really nicely guy.
Is just that your timing into his life is off.
A few months back,when dad had announced that we are leaving the u.s, we were all scattered, I worst.
My emotions were all over the place , but you know who got me to pull things together and assured me all will be well?" said fanna as she looked me deep in the eyes.

"No" I nodded my head.

"It was mustapha, he made my life better.
I use to be his close ally , before sameera.
You know mustapha wasn't all sad that we had to move, but ever since we came back here,
Dad tried to get his business up and thriving, mustapha also helped.
But when dad, started visiting our relatives, he also started bring up your topic which destabilize him.
Everyday, dad will be all, mustapha you are old enough to get married" she said.

"That day after all the nagging dad has been doing, mustapha decided to leave the house.
Dad swore to disown him and kick him out of the family's business, which is all mustapha had. At that point he had nothing else to do but to accept the wedding, that night, mum and dad were jubilating and decided to go to yobe the next day.
But when Mustapha needed me the most, I was no where to be found.
When I reached his room, I noticed someone inside, so I decided to snoop, that night sameera had proposed to mustapha, but when he told her he's getting married , she was shattered to pieces.
'no , no you can't do this to me', I heard her sob, breaking stuffs up.
'Please samira understand I had no other option, you know I love you', I heard mustapha confess ,his feelings.
I was dumbfounded, I had no idea he felt that way, I was hurt because mustapha tells me everything, so I found it strange that he would hide this from me, no wonder samira had followed back here, with us".
Wow, I sigh.
"Mustapha loves samira", I said doubtfully.
"That's the only thing you heard, you silly" , fanna scold.
I nodded my head in shame.
"You know I use to believe, he loved her but I was wrong, I had never felt that vibe between them. And have you seen how he looks at you, behind those cruel glances he throws you lies a caring heart.
He's lost and mad, and sameera has taken advantage of that , her love for him, is one sided".
"You think so?", I asked.
"No",she said raising her hands , "am just saying".
We both chuckled on her words.

Carltumee 💋