Chap4

Abdullah ibn amr ibn Aas(may Allah be pleased with him) said , I heard the Messenger of Allah ( may pease be upon him) say : Allah wrote down the decrees of creation fifty thousand years before he created the heavens and earth. *everything happens by the will of Allah.whatever he wills happen and whatever he doesn't,will not happen.

-sahleel muslim 2653.

"fatima shehu stand up !" our form master yelled.

I freckled ,

"Sir" , i answered .

"What's wrong with you, why are you far away from us ? " mr.oba our form master, asked impolitely .

"Sir, well..." i began to stammer unable to defend my self.

"Sir , she's sick and refusing to see a doctor" chirp in maryam, saving my arse.

Who could do that, if not my life saver, maryam.

What could i ever do without her.

I flash her a thanking smile but couldn't hold back from shedding tears remembering our friendship is numbered.

I know marriage doesn't really mean you stop being friends with your old friends but i have a feeling once i go, so is our friendship.

"Miss.shehu,

Match to the sickbay" ordered mr.oba.

Without any complains, i did as told.

Once in there I complained about headache and as usual the school nurse gave me her usual vitamin c and Panadol.

The last bell rung and it's finally time to go home.

"Falmata ", Maryam yelled.

"Yes , wait! " she demanded.

"Ok , what's up" I asked

"Well, I would like to follow you home.

from there, I would be going to Islamiyya, am kinda lonely back home".

"Maryam" I said placing my hand on my waist like a typical hausa girl ready to fight Maryam

"What's that" , I asked changing my mood,

"Since when do we ask each other before visiting one another" I asked getting annoyed.

"Since you started behaving strangely all in the name that you are going to get married" she deadpan.

"That's no excuse "said Maryam bluntly.

I realised how clueless I was , giving people a cold shoulders.

Beep!, Maryam phone disrupt our conversation.

Maryam brought her phone out and her mood changed as she gaze from me to her phone.

"Is all ok?" , I asked getting worried.

She fake me a smile, I couldn't buy the whole charade so I snatched the phone from her arms.

"Innalillahi wa Inna ilaihirra'jiun , it's really happening " I uttered.

The families of late Shehu bama and that of bukar bulama cordial invite you to the wedding fatiha of their children, fatima Shehu and Mustafa bukar bulama.

My heart beat raised , Maryam held me right in time before I fell.

"There comes the driver "says Maryam.

Once in the car , the driver congratulated me and I fake him a smile.

The driver was sent about a week ago from the groom's family to take me anywhere I desire.
Show off.

"Falmata , falmata " ya gana came running hugging me.

"The wedding card is out" she said sounding excited.

I swear by Allah, I don't know what is wrong with this girl , I keep showing her how disinterested I am about the wedding but she keeps on celebrating like crap with me. If she was my ya kura then I would have removed her ears.

"We saw it " said Maryam.

"Look how cute it is" said ya gana handing Maryam a royal teal card with emerald dots.

"Sai wuranimin ya gana (Ya gana when will you grow up ) leave the girls to rest first,"said ya kaltum.

At least someone who's reasonable and understands me is here.

"Ya kaltum Nyi naalan (you are here) " I wince towards her falling to her embrace.

"kiji faayin (Am just excited)" I can't help it.

I followed ya kaltum to her room filling her in about all the past things .

For the first time since like forever I have forgotten my worries untill she asked.

"How do you feel about the wedding ?" asked ya kaltum.

I started to cry .

"Falmata cheer up , please accept qadr" .

"I wish I could help you out but you know mah, just do it for Allah 's sake and mine " she smiles.

"I promise you, you would never regret accepting this marriage".

"But ..." i muttered.

"Would you go on , with the marriage without complains" she Cuts me off .

I looked down as ya kaltum held my chin.

"Do this one favour for your sister "she said softly .

I nod my head.

"Hide your sorrows away from mah please" says ya kaltum wiping off my tears.

"But why , Isn't she my mother? " I asked.

"Yes she is , you know clearly , that won't stop her from giving your hands out but worrying also" she makes her point.
Mah will sure give my hands out but also worried.

If not for a dead man promise, seeing me depressed and withdrawn from life would have been enough reason for her to cancel the alliance.

"Ok, I will try to look happy" I said softly as ya kaltum held me tight.

"Ok , go and rest,

We have a long day" says ya kaltum.

"Ok, thanks" I said before existing the room.
Ya kaltume always know how to say the right things

I headed straight to my room where I freshen up and lay on my bed trying to get my head clear, when i suddenly heard mah's voice as loud as a lion's roar.

I kept debating whether to fake sleep or go and face mah and the wedding madness when the knob of the door got turn and whoop ,

There she was , standing at akinbo ready to rant for the world.

Kindly love.
~With lurv
Carltumee 💋.