Chapter 24

Chapter 24

It's been 3 days since Steve's and I carnivals' escapade and no one apart from my parents knew. After he left me in my front porch with my furious parents, they demanded me to tell them where the hell I went and of course I told them everything. I'm just that good. The kings didn't knew about it and for me it's better, I don't like to keep something from them but I don't know what they'll do when they caught wind of it. Actually, I might have a thing or two and it all leads to the kings pulverizing Steve to death. Hilarious.

"Excited are we?" James teased with his usual cocky smirk but it didn't bother me now. I'm kinda used to his teasing and he's actually nice.

Barely containing my excitement, "Very." I answered beaming widely. The kings will be back today and it's been the talk of the whole student body, they might expect another confrontation between the kings and princes. I ignored all of the whispers though as I saw each of them parked their cars and slowly got out. Knowing them, they are already prepared for the eyes and all and they are amused by it. When Luke got out, I can almost hear all the girls sigh dreamily making me roll my eyes.

As soon as they neared, I sprinted towards them and launched myself to Luke who caught me midway, "You're finally here!" I exclaimed happily.

The kings chuckles at my enthusiasm, "My, we saw each other yesterday." Mark pointed out causing me to roll my eyes.

"I know that." I replied in a 'duh' tone.

"What are y'all looking at?" Theo boomed in the parking lot making those nearby flinched and winced at his voice, clearly intimidated. That's Theo for you, he can be scary when he want to be. As soon as the words left his mouth, the students started walking further away or just gazed away.

I was about to say something when a voice beat me to it, "You're back." Steve's husky voice flooded my ears. We whirled towards them with me sending them a small smile and wave which they returned.

"No shit Sherlock." Mark mumbled under his breath but with one glare from me, he took that as a sign to shut up.

"Yes we are. Thank you for looking after Myra." Bryan—the ever so leader—spoke up. The princes waved it off dismissively with James saying, "No worries. She entertained us." Of course, the protective best friends of mine interpreted it badly.

With eyebrows furrowed and lips attempting to growl, the kings narrowed their eyes at the opposing group. I step infront of them and shake my head, "That's not it!"

"Then what is it?"

"Winter break is coming!" Mark exclaimed happily as soon as we sat on our table. The princes took a seat too and for once, there's no tension between them but they weren't speaking either. I guess that's a start...right?

Theo rolled his eyes at Mark's childish antics, "Way to state the obvious." He mumbled making Mark pout ridiculously much to our amusement.

"But Mark's right! This is our last week and the next is winter holiday!" I cheered enthusiastically.

"We have to decorate the building!" Mark pointed out excitement coating his voice. I nodded eagerly and thinking about the building where we hang out.

Tapping my chin while drifting my thoughts into ways how we can decorate the building when Carter butt in, "What's the fuss for?"

Mark and I let out a dramatic gasps while the rest rolled at our antics, "It's winter holiday!" We both exclaimed in unison.

"Yeah, I got that. I mean, why are you fussing about decorating your hideout? Are you guys spending the holiday together?" Carter made it clear that we have our own family to spend the holiday with so why bother beautifying the building?