Chapter 11

A/N: Amm. Is someone reading mah story? *le pout*

Come on, don’t be a silent reader. I appreciate tad bits of comments J

~Hime

--**

“Mom?” I called when I got my consciousness back. Mom is leaning on a wall with her back facing me while she gazes out the dimmed street through the window. I looked around; Dad is not here I thought. Where could he be at this hour? Dad’s a doctor too but unfortunately he’s working at the next near hospital and not here.

“Oh you’re awake Mija.” Mom said distractedly.

“Yeah.” I mumbled trying to ignore the thick tension in the room. I don’t know how it happened, but all of a sudden Mom and I became distant towards each other. From the very beginning, the two of us bonded like we’re best friends and at some point we truly were not just a mother and a daughter but also friends. Then when Mom caught wind of the kings, things got fuzzy. And I don’t know if we can still be like what we were before all this drama, I certainly hope so. Because I miss her. I miss my mom.

“Are you hungry?” Mom asked as she made her way towards the bags of plastic full of food placed at the top of the table. Carefully, I sat up and leaned on the pillow behind me. I breathed a sigh of relief, when only a spark of pain coming from my back ached.

“An apple would suffice.” I replied when I realized she was still waiting for me to answer. Mom nodded and started peeling the apple’s skin. I hummed my favorite song while waiting, thoroughly ignoring everything. A sudden beep from my bedside table snapped me out of my trance. As I look closely, I found out it was my cellphone. A bright smile was plastered in my face when I caught sight of the caller.

“Hey.” I greeted. I grasped the phone tightly in my ear ignoring the curious looks Mom giving me.

“Hey! I thought you weren’t going to answer it because y’know…” Mark explained through it. I can almost see him shaking his head and rubbing the back of his neck repeatedly.

“Well, it was beside me when it started ringing.” I replied casually.

“Oh… well, we were wondering if we can go there now?” He asked nervousness creeping in his voice. I bit my lip in hesitation while glancing at my mom who’s already done peeling the apple. Mark might’ve thought that I prefer them coming later because he quickly continued.

“B-but if n-not… w-we can go later—“He started but I cut him off immediately. I gave out an exasperated long sigh before nodding. I face palmed myself because I forgot that we’re talking through the phone and he can’t see me. Well, Captain Obvious…

“No… you can come now. It’s no big deal.” I informed them. I heard him sighed in relief and quickly passed it to the others.

“Well, that’s good. We’ll be there in an hour.” He told me before we bid our goodbyes. I placed my phone down and gazed at Mom who’s looking at me skeptically with a plate on her hand.

“Who was that?” She asked curiously.

“Mark…” I trailed off as I watched her tensed up. Her shoulders are stiff and her mouth formed a thin line. My heart started hammering in my chest, preparing myself for the scolding Mom will surely do to be followed by the yelling.

“Ok…” She answered.

“But Mom! They’re my friends, I… Wait… did you just said ok?” I asked incredulity evident in my voice and I assumed it’s also in my face because Mom rolled her eyes at me before walking near me. She sat on the edge of the bed, grabbed my hands while her eyes were downcast. I heard her sucked in a deep breath before finally looking up.

“Mija… I know I’ve been a pain in the ass for you these past weeks…” Mom started. I quirked an eyebrow at her, amused that she would use such word but she just shook her head at me before continuing. “…but you have to understand, you’re our only daughter. I could never live without you; same goes to your father. I just want to keep you safe at all times. And when I found out that those four teen boys were the reason that you got beaten up. I saw red. I won’t let anyone lay a finger on you Mija, that’s why I decided that keeping you away from them would be the best for you. Even it causes you agony, I thought that maybe you’ll forget about them in a matter of weeks.” Mom reasoned out. I was having a hard time holding my emotions. I don’t know what to do, so I stick with my plan on sitting and just listen to her.

“I can see you slowly falling apart when you’re not with them. You’re not as bubbly as you were the old days when you’re secretly friends with them. But I ignored it, I keep saying in my thoughts that this will be the best for you. Then the hospital called, saying that you’re here. I dialed your father immediately and we bother went here. The nurse told us you’re still inside the emergency room, so we decided to wait there but when we got there, they are also there. The only thought that keep circling my mind, is that the kings caused this again. I shouted and hit them in the chest but your dad restrained me. They explained what happened and I instantly felt ashamed for what my I did but I didn’t apologized. Then your dad beat some sense into me, I didn’t saw him mad as he was yesterday. We were screaming our heads off and that didn’t happen before. He said that I was only thinking about myself and not you. Of course, I argued. Then he left all of a sudden, I didn’t chase him down or anything I just tried to keep my breathing back. For hours, I kept thinking. And finally, I realized that he was right. That I’m selfish and I wasn’t thinking about your happiness and the agony you experienced when I forbid you to see them.” By now Mom has tears in her eyes. Droplets of it went to my sheets but I don’t care. My heart tugged seeing her vulnerable. I was ashamed at the same time relieved that she finally grasped the fact that the kings are my best friends and I wouldn’t be here if not because of them.

“I truly am sorry Mija.” Mom continued. “I love you so much that I kept my eyes closed when I see you in pain, thinking that its all good. I’m so sorry and I hope you forgive me.” She begged and she started sobbing. I enveloped Mom in my arms, crying with her.

“It’s all ok Mom. I’m not mad anymore… I love you so much too that I cant be mad at you.” I soothed her. She relaxed slowly and pulled away from our hug. She wiped her tears before smiling sadly at me.

“Thank you Mija… and I thought about this.” Mom hinted. I glanced at her confused as to what she is saying. I urged her to go on which she did. She breathed in before something I couldn’t imagine she would.

“I’ll let you see your friends again.”