Chapter 20

Chapter 20

              Morning came too fast for my liking, but for some reason I’m actually looking for to it without complaints which, of course caught my parents attention.

Dad sat at the head of the table—like always, sipping his coffee with the newspaper at his hand. Mom stood with her back to us while humming happily serving breakfast. I entered the room; skipping and it cause a slight suspicion from both of them but didn’t say anything.

“Good morning dad!” I said in my unusual cheery voice and kissed his cheeks and hopped beside mom and kissed her cheeks too, “Good morning mom!”  She was amused by my sudden actions, they both were but they kept quiet.

“What’s for breakfast?” I asked, sitting on the stool. Mom placed a plate in front of me, eggs, bacon, hotdog were in it. After wolfing down my food, I bid my parents goodbye and started walking towards the school alone.

           These past weeks have been haywire to me. Many things happened that made my life upside down. The case were my parents knew about the kings, mom practically kicking them out of my life, meeting Steve in the forest, Falcon, then reconciling with the kings and finally the Cross princes.

            I don’t know why but I feel like there’s something I missed, I just can’t figure out what the hell is it. Thinking hard made my head throbbed, finally releasing a sigh; I decided to just drop it for later. Shrugging of the bad feeling at the pit of my stomach, as well my subconscious giving me the vibe to be careful.

            As the gates of the school came in sight, I smiled happily and all my worries vanished in an instant. I walked in and expect the kings to pop any minute but no such luck. I didn’t get to meet the kings yesterday after Steve’s fiasco because I got loads of homework that I decided that I’ll just talk to them here. I reached my locker but I caught no sight of the kings.

“Did you hear about the kings?” As soon as I heard this, I immediately halted my movements and just quietly listen to Blair Dominique AKA the Gossip Girl. Blair is one of Lorraine’s minions, she has this wavy auburn hair the early years but then she dyed it to fake blonde with her green eyes sparkling in mischief. She has a good body but it was nothing compared to the stereotype blondie known as Lorraine Nightingale, but of course nothing but her hair and eyes are real.

“About their suspension?” Eyes wide and mouth gapes, I stared at the floor in front of me. Surprised clearly etched in my face, no one told me about this. Why didn’t they call me or anything last night?

“Yeah! Totally! I mean, the scene in the cafeteria was totally epic! I heard that the headmaster decided to suspend the kings for three days because of it and they’re past doings but since the Cross are new here and Theo was the first to lunged, they just got three days of detention.” Unfair. The headmaster should’ve suspend them together or not suspend them at all. And where the hell did he get the confidence to do that? Something’s not right here. And as if they heard me, Blair Dominique and the blonde girl continue talking.

“I know! Wow! Headmaster should know better than suspending them!” I know girl. My thoughts exactly, I said in my mind.

“I heard that the headmaster is Steve Cross’s uncles!”  Mystery solved. “That’s why I think, now that the Cross are here. The headmaster thought he could make the kings pay for the troubles they caused!” So the headmaster secretly hates the kings. Interesting.

              Before I can eavesdrop more, the bell rang loudly making me jumped in surprise causing a round of snickers and blushed from me. Hurriedly, I went to my homeroom and spent the day without the kings beside me. Somehow, I felt like I’m being watched but I think im just being paranoid.

            It’s lunch and im feeling all alone. Without the kings beside me, I have no one to talk to. I contemplated whether to eat alone at the rooftop of endure the noise in the cafeteria but before I can decide…

“Hey!” I heard someone called. I whirled around and shocked to see the Cross princes standing before me with different emotions. Kylie stands with arms crossed in his chest and eyes closed like he doesn’t even want to be here. James on the other hand mimics his brother’s posture but with his eyes wide opened and an arrogant smirk plastered in his face that I really want to swipe it off. Carter masked his emotion pretty well, but I can see the hint of amusement in it. To what? The hell I know. And lastly Steve, he looked calm but then I found out that he’s the one who called me. A ghostly smile was in his face but I didn’t react to it. Despite the fact that butterflies erupted in my stomach and a tint of blush creeping in my face, I remained calm too.

“Yes?” I asked them, or him since I’m only looking directly at him.

           His smile widened when I asked that and I seriously thinking of taking it back when he said something I know will make the kings fume in anger, “Eat lunch with us.”