Chapter 19

Chapter 19- Dedicated to @Imanoddperson

              As soon as the final bell rung, I wasted no time in running out of the room and to the parking lot hoping that the kings will be there but before I can reach for the doors a strong firm tanned arm wrapped around my waist and jerking me back. I was about to scream when the man—no kidding—plastered a callous hand in my mouth restraining me from opening my mouth to scream.

“Don’t.” His voice was so husky and firm yet so gentle at the same time. I found myself relaxing in the man’s arm only because I recognized his voice. I don’t know why but I feel safe with him, not like with Falcon or McKenzie.

“What do you want?” I asked breathless. He turned me around so we’re faced to face. Looking up, I caught my own electric blue eyes connecting with his own dark colored ones. Ever so carefully, he pushed me against a wall and placed his hands on either side of my face, trapping me. His face is so close to mine that our noses are almost touching, his breath fanned in my cheeks and I found it hard to breath.

“We need to talk.” Was his response making me gulped. I don’t know what he want us to talk about but I have a feeling that this has to do with the kings. Swallowing hard, hesitantly I nod. He backed up a few spaces but kept me in my place.

“Does anyone know that we knew each other?” His question caught me off guard.

              Shaking my head a few times before I answered, “No.”

“Are you thinking of telling them?” He inquired. Admittedly, I’m completely taken aback by his question but didn’t let it show in my face.

Taking a few deep breaths, I answered “No.” for the second time around. I don’t know what expression I was thinking to display in his face, but it certainly not what I was expecting. It’s like he’s hurt somehow, incredulous the next and impassive at last.

“Good.” He commented with his voice strained. My heart starts beating loudly in my chest, like it wants to get out of my ribcage. Don’t ask me how I know, I just do. Blush of embarrassment creeped from my neck to my face. I’m somewhat mortified that his close proximity makes him hear my heart that thumps noisily but he remained stoic.

            For a while he didn’t talk nor make any movement indicating he wants me gone. I’m still trapped between the wall and Steve Cross, the known leader of the Cross princes. Anyone who could walk pass by us, would surely get the wrong idea. I just hope that the kings will either wait for me outside or just go without me. I can call them later and meet but not now. Their hatred from the opposing group will probably just intensify when they caught sight of me. In this position.

           Oh my gosh! They will hate me when they know I’m lying at them! Well, technically I’m not lying cause they didn’t know I knew Steve Cross, I’m just keeping my mouth sealed for now. And I do not know whether it’s bad or good. Hopefully, the latter.

            I was so caught up with my thoughts that I didn’t notice Steve gazing at me with amusement. Not until his phone rang—quite loudly—snapping us from our trance. He muttered profanities before leaning away from me and fishing his phone from his pocket. Not looking at the ID caller, he snapped his phone open and answered it rudely.

“What do you want?” He snapped with his electric eyes sparkling. Wait…what the fuck Myra?! How the hell did you notice his eyes sparkling? My subconscious asked incredulous evident in its voice.

I don’t know! I answered back mentally.

Don’t tell me you…like him?!

What’s wrong with you?! I groaned.

Me? Don’t ask me! What’s wrong with me is the same as you! We’re one you doofus!

What did—oh. That’s when it hit me.

No. Its not about Steve Cross!

               It’s the fact that I’m talking to myself! Oh my! Have I gone insane?! No no no…this cannot be happening.

“Mom? Oh hey mom! N-no! I’m sorry. I thought it’s Carter or James or Kylie! I didn’t mean to. Yes yes, I swear. Alright. I won’t forget it. Ok. Bye mom. You too.” Steve’s quick change of tone surprised me, effectively making me forget the internal battle I have just a second ago. When I looked up at him, his face was flushed in embarrassment. I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing when I found out what happened.

Steve Cross is a big softie when it comes to his mother.

              Just the mere thought of it makes me want to squeal but of course I held it in. But when he fixed my eyes with his. He rolled his eyes and said two words before he walked out on me.

“Shut up.”

A/N: Chapter 19 is ONNNNN! XD

I dedicate this chapter to @Imanoddperson who gave me the idea for this chapter! Thank you!

Continue reading & voting people! And I’d love you forever XD

~Hime