Chapter 14

“The Cross are back.”

      The way Theo said it with so much hatred, gives me the chills. I surveyed each of their faces and they all have similar expressions. Anger and hatred.

“Who are they?” I asked cautiously not wanting to be snapped at.

“Our enemy clan.” Bryan replied. I already know that the kings’ somewhat belongs to a clan or group but they didn’t tell me anything about an enemy clan.

“Can you tell me about them?” I asked in a small voice. I really want to know about this enemy clan called The Cross. I can feel their eyes on me but I kept my eyes downcast. I don’t know why but something in my gut tells me something, nagging at me. I shook it off and glanced at the kings’ in my best pleading face.

“The Cross is like also us. They came from a rich family. Just like us they also have their own followers but the main ones are the 4 also known as the Cross Prince. The quiet and reserved one is Kyle Bradley. He’s the silent type but he’s also the brain of the group.” Bryan started informing me. The rest of the kings looked at him before silently agreed that they will tell me everything. I’m so ecstatic but of course I didn’t show it. I just nod my head and pressed my lips in a thin line.

This time Theo continued what Bryan said. He took a deep breath before speaking with his voice strained. “James Bradley is Kyle’s twin brother, though they are related and twin they are anything but similar. Whereas James is the club-party kind of guy, he flirts with any girl and he always has girl beside him that only last a week. Then another girl will replace the one. James love teasing and only thinks of himself.” The way he said it with so much hatred gave me the chills.

“Carter Mason is their childhood friend. They grew up together and have been doing almost anything together. Carter is the sanest in the group aside from Kyle. He keeps them from getting from any trouble but sometimes he pulls some strings to save them. Carter is the only one who can really calm down Steve when he’s angry.” Luke stated in a faraway voice. I wonder what that is about, but I decided not to interrupt as Mark sustained my thirst of information.

“Steve Cross is somewhat the leader of the group. He’s very popular to the girls and boys. He’s very cocky and arrogant and thinks highly of himself. Steve thought that the world revolves around him. He can get anything he wants by just asking for it, that’s why he’s a spoiled brat.” Mark spat disgustedly but I can’t shake off the feeling that there’s more of it.

“As Luke said, Carter is the only one who can calm Steve when he’s angry. He’s a very ill-tempered guy and always do something when he’s mad. I remembered one time when this guy pissed Steve off, he punched the poor guy and knocked him unconscious before he was calmed down by Carter and realized what he did. But the thing is, he didn’t regret it.” Bryan told me.

“So, you knew them long time ago?” I asked cautiously. I watched them tensed up and their faces become hard and the eyes are cold. I shuddered involuntarily.

“It has been 5 years since we last talk.” Theo supplied first.

“I remembered that day like it was just yesterday…” Mark trailed off looking ahead of him.

“What happened?” I urged them.

“All of us were best friends, we can’t spend a day without each other but all of it changed when we saw Theo’s girlfriend kissing James.” Luke answered slowly while looking at Theo. I gasped in shock and snapped my head at the man beside me. His eyes were glazed but his expression is unreadable. When Theo didn’t show anything that he’s affected Luke continued.

“We found out that they were dating behind our back but Steve, Carter and Kyle knew about it and didn’t say anything. Theo was furious and the two of them exchanged some punches. I don’t know how but it was some unwritten line and split up. The very next day, we built our own group which is now known as the kings while Steve and the others named Cross Princes.” By the end of it, my heart is beating loudly inside of me. I felt sad for Theo, I can’t even bear to think that my own best friend betrayed me. It hurts a lot.

“So, what’ll you do now?” I asked as gently as possible. The four of them glanced at me and sent me their own small smiles. Behind those smiles, I can see their longing. They longed to be back with their once friends but what they did was almost unforgivable.

“Continue on hating them.” Mark whispered.

“They don’t want us and we don’t either.” Theo murmured in agreement.

“Where do they study anyways?” I asked suddenly, I don’t know why but it just popped in my head. As I waited for an answer, I noticed that they’re gloomier than before.

“Princeton Academy.” Uh-oh…

A/N: Pwew! I’m finally done! Chappy 14 is up folks!

So… I know that you realized that the academy’s name is similar to the name of the Cross clan. Can’t think of anything that’s why…

How do you find it? Is it good or not?

Vote & Comment!

~Hime