Chapter 16

Chapter 16

No.

It can’t be.

He can’t be one of the Cross princes.

But he is.

And the proof’s right here in front of my eyes. The one who saved me from getting thoroughly lost in the woods; I remember his shaggy brunette hair and electric blue eyes that can trap me. I can feel his shock just by looking at him and can’t help but be amused. He remembered me. But why does the idea that he still remember make me feel…giddy? Happy? Wtf?

I snapped out of my trance when I felt someone’s shaking me, literally.

“Are you ok My?” Luke’s voice was full of concern. I glanced at him and nodded dumbly; he’s not convinced but decided to drop it and focused his attention to the people in front of us. Luke, Mark, Theo and Bryan stood straight and made a line in front of me, as if hiding me behind them. I internally snort but I know deep inside they’re just really worried for me.

“What are you doing here?” Bryan’s firm voice echoed through the silence.

“Isn’t it obvious? We’re here to claim what’s ours.” one of them said quite cockily. He has blonde hair that’s really messy and a pair of green eyes. He has a beautiful face in all honesty but the smirk that plastered in his face gives me the chills. I shuddered involuntarily but it’s enough to make his eyes snapped to mine. I was frozen in my state. I caught his surprised when his gaze landed on me.

“Well, well, well, who do we have here?” He asked in a sing song voice.

                His statement was enough to make the kings go all protective of me. They’re all tense and watched the opposing group’s every move as if in a matter of seconds they’ll lunge at us.

“James, leave her alone.” Theo said coldly. So, this guy is named James. Isn’t he the one who loves parties and the player of their group? I glanced at James for a split second before suddenly taking an interest in the ground.

“Who is she anyway?” a raven haired color guy asked. His voice soothed me slightly. He doesn’t sound like James at all. He’s quite calm and gentle.

“It’s none of your business.” Luke snapped at him before coming at my side and wrapped an arm around my waist. His move relaxed me from my tensed posture but for the Cross it has different meaning.

“Ooh, I see. Is Lukey-boo grown up? Has he found his princess?” James taunted. Luke sent him a death glare. If looks could kill, I bet James would be buried ten feet underground now. As I let my face look at them, I caught his eyes.

            His face doesn’t show any emotions. It’s unreadable, completely and utterly masked. His cerulean colored eyes found mine and for a minute I thought I saw something there. But it disappeared just as soon as I saw it. He didn’t look away from me and for some reason I can’t too. It’s like we’re in some competition but we both know it’s far from that. We’re just really caught up and we didn’t notice the odd looks that our friends giving us.

If it wasn’t for someone clearing their throat, I’d say we still be looking at each other. I whirled my head and saw that it’s Mark who snapped us out of our trance. “What?” I stupidly asked.

The kings looked at me oddly before Bryan asked, “I asked are you ok?” I sighed and nodded.

“I think it’s best for you to just go.” Bryan told them calmly but I can hear the anger underneath it and apparently they also heard it causing them to smirk. James was about to respond when someone beat him to it.

The guy who’s leaning in a car with his arms crossed in his chest spoke, “I think his right. Let’s just go. We’ll talk about this when we have no…complications.” He nonchalantly said and stressing the word complications as he glanced at me.

“But I wanna—“ James was cut off when the guy from earlier—the one who asked who I am—spoke.

“I think Kyle’s right. Let’s go for now.” He agreed. So, his name is Kyle and he’s the quite one. No wonder I didn’t noticed him until he spoke.

James sighed dramatically before nodding. Slowly, James and Kyle went inside their cars leaving the two others.

“Carter.” Mark said. I looked at him startled. It’s the first time I heard him sound so cold. Usually, he’s childish but this side of him. I don’t want it. The said guy looked at the kings and nod before turning to the other one. I’m guessing he’s Steve Cross. The so-called leader of their group, the spoiled brat but he doesn’t seem like it when we first met.

But it all changed when for the first time he spoke, “Well, I guess we’ll leave now. But don’t think this is over. We have part of the building and we’ll get it, I assure you. Goodbye.” He casually said. His voice was really something. It caused my stomach to feel some tingles and for some reason my heart beat faster.

“Pathetic.” I heard him mumbled. My heart shattered and I don’t even know why. Maybe it’s because I thought he’s really nice, or maybe because he insulted the kings and me.

Luke was about to strangle him when he was held down by the boys. The cars slowly backed up before they sped out of our view. When we can almost hear no rumbling of cars, we all let out a sigh that we didn’t know we’re holding.

“I’m gonna strangle them next and you won’t be able to stop me.” Luke muttered under his breath pissed before walking towards the building. Silently, we followed him.

           I didn’t even know that my life will once again turn upside down just because of them. And never in my life I thought that the kings and Cross princes will clash just because of…

Me.

A/N: OMFG! I did it! I finally wrote Chapter 16! I’m really sorry for the late update L I kinda experienced writer’s block and I’m still is but I pushed myself and somehow wrote this chapter.

Tell me what you think alright? Maybe it’ll give me a boost to write the next chapter early. Who knows?

Vote & Comment!

~Hime