Chapter 3

Its been about 2 weeks now and Every time Zayn stops by the house, Toni finds every excuse not to be around him.

"Toni." Zoe said walking into her office. "Yes." Toni quickly answered, she immediately shut her macbook closed and looked up at Zoe.

"There's a very special person here to see you."

"Okay let that person in." Toni sighed.

Zoe turned around and walked up to the door before saying. "Oh your husband's on the line." Zoe added.

"Thank you Zo." She smiled. "That's literally the only announcement that makes you smile here at work." Zoe chuckled before walking out.

"Hey baby," Toni said into the call. "Hey gorgeous." Kenny said back. "What's up?"

"Lunch at 2?"

"Umm..." Toni leaned over and checked the time on her phone. "Sure." She finally said.

"Great- what's wrong baby?" Kenny asked, the tone in her voice wasn't okay. "Nothing-"

"Even your nothing sounds like something."

"Ken. I'm fine okay." Toni smiled tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Okay I'll leave you for now."

A knock on Toni's door startled her.

"Hey baby I gotta go I have a visitor." She said. "Okay. Love you. See you at 2."

"I love you too."

"Come in." Toni shouted ending the call before looking down at one of the files before her.

"Hey Mrs Edmonds." Zayn spoke causing her to slowly look up at him. "I'm here. You've been avoiding me all this time. Why?" He asked walking up to her sitting on her desk beside her.

He caressed her chin causing her to quickly get up from her chair and move around her desk.

"This is exactly why I've been avoiding you. Because you don't know when to back off." Toni sternly said.

Zayn chuckled.

"Mother in law-"

"Don't even go there."

"Look if this is about what happened-"