Chapter 2

2/30

K E N Z I N G T O N

It's the weekend! My goodness I've missed my freedom. Not that I get much even with it being the weekend. But I try my best. Sometimes I'm able to be left alone but other times not so much.

"Kenzie, where's Niall meeting us? Will he be by the bus stop?" I may be the richest girl in the whole of Doncaster (that's where this is based) but I'd much rather get a bus than go by the taxi's my mum orders for me.

"He's going to meet us downstairs Li-Li. I don't know what's gotten into him this week though." Niall's been acting strange.
"What do you mean love?" Louis questioned.
"Well like he seems even more protective than usual. I wouldn't stand too close to me if I were you. Mainly you Liam."

Louis and Harry are both taken... To each other. So they're nothing to worry about for him. But with Liam, it's like Niall wants to keep me as far away from him as possible. Liam's single. Not looking for love any time soon either.

"I'll let the boys stand by you and I'll stay far behind. Sound good?" I nodded. Then made them leave my bedroom. They can't go out the same doors as me. They're boys. They've got to go out the boys school doors.

~

Downstairs was the worst part. After I'd written details in the sign out book and scanned my card I went outside to leave the premises. But before I could there was a car that stopped me.

"Hello there dear Kenzington. Going somewhere?" It's Bentley. My driver.
"Yes actually. I'm going shopping." He went to open the door for me.
"I won't be needing that thankyou. I'm walking." He's going to think I'm crazy.

"I'm afraid that's not allowed miss. I have to drive you. Your mother's orders." I don't care what mother says.
"If I want to walk I'll walk. You cannot disobey me. I'm higher up than you. I'm heir to the position mother has." I'm still unsure as to what that position is exactly. It's not like I get to see my mum often.

"As you wish miss. I will leave you to it. I'll tell your mother you aren't going anywhere today. Tomorrow too?" This is what always happens with Bentley. I don't know why he bothers anymore. Then again he might have forgotten over the holidays. We've not been back that long.

"Yes. Goodbye Bentley."
"Au revoir miss Kenzington." He jumped back into the car and drove off without another word. That my friend, is how to get rid of a personal driver that is not only not needed but also unwanted. I hate being chauffeured around.

I left the gate and met the boys just outside it. Many of the boys are stood out here waiting on girls. Likewise for the girls. By the boys gate of course.
"Hello there miss Kenzington. Care to join us?" All three of them gave me cheesy grins and both Harry and Louis held their arms out for me.
"I shall thankyou." I latched my arm onto Louis and left Harry hanging. He just went and held Louis hand.

~

We were nearly at the bus stop but I had a wave of panic strike over me. Liam came to my side instantly and made sure I was okay. It caused me to be struggling with my breathing from then on. Liam stayed right next to me and I clung onto his hand.

When we approached Niall at the bus stop, he wasn't happy to say the least. He came over to us and literally ripped our hands away from each others. Then he pulled me into a hug without saying a word.

"Nialler, is everything okay?" Finally he spoke.
"Everything's fine. Why?" Does he not realise what he's been doing?
"You just seem a bit clingy. Not that I don't like it because I really like being this close to you. It's just unusal for you." He shrugged and I let it slip.