24

Bahja~

"Can I take the blindfold off now?" Zonnique asked.

I rolled my eyes at her being impatient and took the blindfold off. She looked at the scenery and seemed confused.

"Tell me how this is better than whatever you originally had planned."

"What better way to start a break than to take it back to where it all begin?"

I️ had brought Zonnique back to the skating rink. It was where we shared our first kiss, first dance, even our laughs together which weren't fake compared to before.

"Let's just hope you don't fall this time."

"Let's hope you don't MAKE me fall clumsy."

"I am not clumsy. You kept on pulling on me causing me to fall."

"Sure blame it on me." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Come on. You got your ticket for the skates or did you lose it already?" I asked her.

"I have it."

I️ shook my head at her as we walked over to the skate rental booth. In front of us, there was a little girl who was getting her skates. She thanked RJ and turned around to walk away, but when she seen us...

The girl gasped and dropped her skates, "I-I k-kn-know who you are."

"I'm sure you do."

"Can I have your autograph? And Zonnique's?" She smiled hard.

"Sure, but I don't have—." I looked up at RJ, "you have a marker or something?"

He handed me a sharpie and I bent down to the girls' level, "where should I sign?"

She took off her jacket, revealing one of my shirts that had Zonnique and I on it, "my shirt please." She turned around .

I signed the back of her shirt and handed the marker to Zonnique. She signed it as well and stood back up. "There you go."

"Thank you so much!" She gathered her skates and jackets, "Mommy!!" She ran away.

I handed RJ back the marker and gave him our tickets, "size 7 and 6."

"Does that happen often here? I thought people knew to give you your space?"

"Do you not like when they come up to us?"

She shook her head, "not really. I love kids and all and I appreciate our fans, but I don't like it when I'm trying to enjoy myself."

I nodded and grabbed the skates, thanking RJ and handing her hers, "Well we don't have to sign anything or take pictures... Just kindly tell them no."

We went over to an empty booth and put on our skates.

"But that'll hurt their feelings. What if I would've told that girl no? She probably would've started crying."

I looked up at her and smiled, "there's the Zonnique I know... The kindhearted one."

She dropped the worried look on her face and replaced it with a smile, "after what you said I'm gonna try and change myself around for the better of the whole family."

"Good. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks."

"Here, let me help you."

I bent down in front of her and put her skates on for her. I tied them up and stood up afterwards, picking up our shoes. "I'm gonna put these over there with RJ."