19

~Short because I don't know about it no more!🤦🏾‍♀️.

Bahja~

"Lauren?"

"Huh?" She looked at me.

"You alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Who the hell did this to you Lauren? I won't hesitate to come up to that school." Zonnique cleaned Lauren's face.

"Nobody. I told you I wasn't looking where I was going and I ran into a wall."

"And a wall gave you a black eye? Not even the littlest bruise anywhere else?"

"I guess so."

"You're lying Lauren."

"I'm not lying Zonnique. No one did anything."

"Yeah right." She examined her eye some more. "I gotta go get some gauges. I'll be back."

"From the store?" I looked up at her.

"No, I have some somewhere in the first aid kit. I just have to find them."

I nodded and she stood up and limped into the kitchen. I turned my attention to Lauren.

"Who really did that to you Lauren? Tell the truth."

"You promise you won't tell Zo?"

"It depends on who did it."

"See now I can't trust that."

"Just tell me Lauren. I'll literally kill for you. Who hit you?"

"Kyla." She mumbled.

"I'm sorry, who?"

"KYLA." She spoke up.

"Kyla hit you? Why would she do that?"

"I overheard her and Lani talking about something that I wasn't supposed to hear."

"What was it about?"

"I can't tell--"

"Lauren, you have 5 seconds to start explaining."

We both jumped at the sound of Zonnique's voice.

"You were listening!?"

"How could I not? I heard her ask you before I even made it all the way in there! Explain to me what happened, either way it goes I'm gonna kill a bitch for touching you."

"I heard Lani and Kyla talking about the car accident. Lani was the one who hit us and Kyla was in on it. They got upset that I was gonna tell you and Bahja... So they both threatened me not to. Kyla knew I wasn't gonna fall through with it, and she hit me a good 3 times in my eye. It would've been worse but Lani pulled her away."

"You didn't get one hit off her!?"

"I tried to, but I couldn't get to her."

"Imma fuck her up." Zonnique scoffed.

"No you're not."

Her head snapped around towards me, "what? I'm gonna do whatever I have to when it comes to my sister. You of all people should know that."

"I know that you're not gonna put your hands on her."

"Oh as always you're taking up for your girlfriend. I'm sorry that you don't want anyone to touch her, but Lauren is my little sister Bahja. I'll be damned if I let anybody hurt her and sit around and not do anything."

"You can't risk anything else happening to your body Zo, soon you're gonna have a child in you."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"It doesn't---" I inhaled deeply and rolled my eyes, "Okay Zonnique."

That let her know that I was finished with the conversation, and that she could have her way. I wasn't gonna argue or anything, she can do what she wants. I'd do the same for Lourdes.

"What exactly are you gonna do?" Lauren asked her.

"Exactly what I said I was gonna do, beat her ass."

"You know what you could do ?"

"I'm not talking about a damn thing Bahja."

"I'm just saying though. You don't have to turn to violence."

"I'll turn shit into a war over Lauren."

There is no way to reason with this girl. What she say goes and I hate it. She doesn't stop until she gets her way, so stubborn.

"I don't believe Lani would do some grimy mess like this. She supposed to be my girl."

"I don't think no one expected Lani to switch up."

"But she did. I heard it with my own eyes."

"Ears..." I corrected her.

"I can't think straight. I'm tired and my head hurts." Lauren shut her eyes and rested her head back.

"Your eye is gonna swell up."

"It already is. I can't even see."

"But you don't wanna use violence. Oh."

"I told you to do what you wanted. I don't care, neither one of us knows what Kyla is capable of and you're already hurt."

"Nothing is gonna happen. I'm gonna get my rounds and that's gonna be that."

"Whatever you say Zonnique."

We'll see what happens... I'm gonna be right there with her, but these days people don't use hands... If Kyla hurts Zonnique, it'll literally be WW3, I won't stop until I know she's 6 feet deep.

"Actually Zonnique, I don't want you doing anything. Lauren is family to me. You're already on crutches, let me handle this one."

"What!?"

"Let me handle it."

"You're just gonna talk to her."

"I'm not. I'm gonna do what you would've done."

"Why?"

"Because I ride for mine and no matter what I'm gonna do what it takes to protect y'all from any harm, and like I said no one knows what that girl is capable of... So imma take her."

She raised an eyebrow and looked at me uneasily. Lord knows I was just as worried as she was, but it's not a time to show any fear especially not towards her.

Kyla wanted a fight; Kyla's gonna get a fight.