Imagine: Video Games (Michael)

“Behind you!” Michael shouts, pressing a long combination of buttons on his Xbox controller.

“I got it!” I shout back, turning my character around and decapitating the zombie that was approaching me.

“Yeah!” Michael and I cheer as the zombie’s blood splatters across the tv screen and ‘WINNER!’ pops up in capital letters.

“Great work babe.” Michael says, leaning forward and placing a kiss on my cheek.

“Thanks, you too.” I grin, placing the controller down and turning to face Michael.

He reaches out and tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear. “You’re so beautiful,” he smiles, his cheeks instantly turning a dark shade of pink.

“Thanks,” I reply, looking down at my lap.

“You don’t believe me, do you?”

I shake my head ‘no’.

He slips a finger under my chin and forces me to look at him. “Betina, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my whole life, and trust me, I have seen a lot of girls; you know, being on tour and everything. So that is definitely saying something. Your smile is contagious, and eyes are captivating. Please believe me when I tell you that you are beautiful.”

A tear falls from my eye and Michael brushes it away with his thumb. “I love you, Michael.”

“I love you too.” He leans forward and places a gentle kiss on my forehead. “Now how about we slay some more zombies?”

“Let’s do it,” I beam, picking up my controller and leaning back against Michael’s chest.