48

AN: hey guys, check out All I want by Kodaline, it's a great song and goes along with the what happened in chapter 47!

ALLY'S POV:

It's only 5:30, Saturday, August first. I've only been in the hospital for four days, one of which I was unconscious.

Boredom has overcome me, not even reading the books Anne gave me help. Kal leaves today, at 7 he will be let out of this place and will be able to live in peace at home.

I envy him to an extent, but of course I don't want to be in his situation, but I still would love to go home.

"Knock knock" Kal's standing in the doorway, propped on the frame, his hands shoved in his pockets and a blue flannel shirt on, rolled up to the elbows.

"Hey" I smile. "Come on in" he stands up straight and walks into the small room, sitting in the chair next to the bed.

"You're not upset with me from what I said yesterday, are you?" despite his bad boy looks, he is a really sensitive guy.

"No, I've just been thinking about a lot of things"

"Thinking so much you can't eat?" he points at the multiple trays on the table.

"Not exactly. The medication gives me nausea"

"Ah. So you promise you're not mad at me?"

"I promise Kal. I don't get mad easily. I'm sorry if you thought I was ignoring you, I promise you I wasn't. It's just that I'm used to shutting people out when things get emotional"

He nods his head.

"I was just wondering, hey I have to go get my stuff together, you want to come?" he uses his thumb to point behind him.

"Yeah, let me out my shoes on"

"No, allow me" he smiles and reaches down for my shoes before I can.

He slips them on my feet and holds his hand out to help me hop off the small bed.

"Well thank you" I drop his hand quickly, not wanting him to hold it for too long.

I'm still not certain of his feelings for me, I simply just enjoy his company, I'll admit, he is pretty attractive, but I don't have any feelings for him.

"What're you thinking about?" he turns to me as we start walking out of my room.

"Nothing much, just random things" I try not to elaborate that I was thinking about him.

"Coolio. Well here we are, chateau ala Kal"

"I don't think you used that correctly"

"Who cares"

This makes me laugh, which gains a smile from him. "I love that laugh" he states with a huge grin on his face.

"You want music to listen to?" I pull out my phone and look at him.

"Yeah, sure" he smiles.

I play my favorite band. Impossible by Anberlin comes on and I start to sing along.

"This is called impossible" I tell him, turning it up slightly.

"It's really good. I didn't know you were into this kind of music"

"Yep. Anberlin is the best" I laugh as I start moving stuff around into stacks, eyeing the guitar multiple times.

"Do you play?" I turn around and flick my eyes over to the guitar.