16

We get on our way to the restaurant. Harry looks over towards me and grabs my hand.

"I love you Ally" I look at him.

"I love you too Harry" he smiles and kisses my cheek while we're at a red light.

"Will you be okay tomorrow, going to get chemo with out me?" I nod my head and squeeze his hand.

"I will be okay. I have Eleanor. She'll help me." Harry smiles and turns down a very busy street. His thumb runs over my hand. His touch soothes me, I really don't want him to leave, and I know he doesn't want to leave either. We pull into a very popular, and expensive restaurant. This was where we had our first date. He sees my eyes light up and sort of chuckles to himself.

"I wanted tonight to be special" he tells me as the valet workers go to park the car. I smile and hook my hand in his arm. We are escorted to the same exact table that we sat at almost two years ago. Harry gives me the most sincere smile and I can feel myself melting. He is so great.

"This is perfect, Harry. I loved this place." I look around at the beautiful scenery. "This is where we came for our first date" he nods, looking accomplished. Our waiter brings us bread and our menus, we order fancy wine and even though I love this, I would have been fine with Pizza Hut and beer to be honest. I love this though, it's nice to get away from the cancer life. I wonder if there's bad news or something. I dismiss the thought and go back to having a good time. I don't have to look at my menu, I remember exactly what I had last time. A small steak with shrimp. We order our food and comes really fast. The steak and shrimp is even better than last time. The wine Harry ordered was amazing. Tonight was amazing.

"Harry this was a great idea" he smiles at me and swallows.

"Only the best for you, love" I smile and he takes my hand. Our waiter brings the check and Harry signs it and leaves a generous tip. We get up to leave and walking out of the restaurant, the paps catch us and take a few pictures of us before we get into the car. In the car, I can feel Harry about to say something, but he doesn't. He seems uncomfortable about something, but I don't say anything. After a few minutes, his voice makes me jump.

"So, Ally. I have sort of bad news" I look at him. I saw it coming.

"Yeah?" he swallows and continues.

"Well, management wanted us to stay a little longer than a week" i raise my eyebrows and clear my throat.

"How long Harry?" he looks ahead and says nothing. "Harry how long will you be gone?"

"Two months" I say nothing, just nod and stare forward. I feel a knot in my throat and feel tears running down my cheeks.

"Don't cry, love" I shake my head and don't look at him. "It's not that big of a deal" I still won't look at him. I could tell he was still trying to convince himself more that me.

"Harry, a lot can happen in two months, for someone with cancer it can." He looks at me and then back at the road. He nods his head and his knuckles turn white from gripping the steering wheel.

"I'm sorry Ally, I know your mad at me, I just don't know what to do anymore. I care about you and I want to be here for you"

"I'm not mad at you Harry, I just don't see what the point of traveling around the US for two months" he grabs my hand.

"Me either, I'm sorry." I shake my head and look at his teary eyes.

"It's not your fault, it's your job" he looks away from me and nods. We get out of the car and I put my arms around his waist and he pulls me into a long, tight hug. He pulls away from me and kisses my forehead.
I go to change as Harry takes piper out. I start to pull out the braid and I feel more hair coming out, floating to the floor. I'm not as sad about it, just annoyed now. I put on one of Harry's shirts and some sweatpants. I pull my hair up into a pony tail and go into the living room, looking up a good movie on Netflix. I see Harry walk in with the dog and he smiles at me.