22

ALLY'S POV:

I wake up in the small hospital bed and notice Harry isn't sitting in the chair by me. I see flowers on the table beside me. How romantic. I laugh to myself, which leads to coughing, pulling breath from my lungs. I hear the door open and turn my head to see who it is.

"Harry" I weakly say. My voice comes out raspier than I thought it would. he gives me a small smile and sits by my bed and takes my hand.

"Ally, why didn't you tell me about the call about your brother?" I look down at my hand.

"I don't know, I didn't want to talk about it. You know they never found his body, but I guess after three years of MIA, they just declare you dead" I feel tears springing up behind my eyes and quickly bat my eyes.

"I- I'm so sorry baby" was all he could say.

"It's okay. I just wish I could know if he really was dead or not" he gives me a weak smile at my words, and kisses my hand.

"Why don't you get some more sleep, love?" he rubs the back of his hand against my cheek.

"Stay with me?" I ask him. He smiles and nods his head. I hold on to his hand, making sure he doesn't slip away like everyone else in my life has. He's the closest thing to family I have left. I feel the urge to cry, I'm too tired to keep them bottled up, to pretend it's all okay. I silently let out my sobs, with Harry rubbing my head and lulling me to sleep.

I wake up when I hear my door open. I look over at the clock. 9:00 AM. My body is sore when I try to move, and it's hard to keep my eyes open. They must be swollen from crying. Harry is asleep in the plastic chair, his snoring as loud as ever. I laugh to myself, and to my surprise, no coughing follows it. A nurse walks in with a cart of towels and water. Shit, they're going to give me a sponge bath.

"Excuse me sir" the polite nurse says to Harry. He wakes up and wipes his eyes.

"Sir, you're going to have to leave" he looks at her confused.

"Why?" he looks over at me and winks.

"We need to clean her up" she tells him.

"Oh, okay" he gets up and walks out. Two more nurses come in and start removing some of my many tubes. They remove the heart monitor, the catheter, and a few that were hooked up with my blood pressure.

"Okay darling, we are gonna raise the bed just a tad" the young redhead was rather country, but really sweet. The head of the small bed was raised, instantly relieving pressure from my neck. The nurses sterilize their hand and put on gloves. They clean my sweaty body with wet rags and replace my tubes with clean ones. After about ten minutes, southern nurse "cathy" turns to a bag in a chair.

"Your boyfriend brought these over for you, thinking you would be more comfortable in your own clothes. I smile as she pulls out some pajama pants and one of his giant shirts.

"Actually, I'm kind of hot right now, are there any shorts in there?" I ask her. She turns to the bag and pulls out a pair of my nike shorts. I smile and put on the clothes slowly, my body sore and unable to move well,I leave the blankets off of me.

I turn on the big tv on the wall and flip through the channels. After five minutes, Harry peeks his head in with his eyes closed.

"Is everyone decent?" he jokes. I laugh at him.

"Yes, yes. I'm fine now" he opens his eyes and cracks the door wider.

"You have visitors miss Hartley" he smirks as Niall, Zayn, and Liam stride in.