Chapter 29--Sometimes Running Away Helps

Logan

When Monday morning rolled around, I didn't want to let Harper go. I mean, we woke up side by side. She said she had to head to class. I didn't feel like going to any of my classes. I've always hated staying at home for so long. Usually, weekends at home are because of unwanted panic attacks. But this weekend? No. This weekend was probably one of the best in my life.

"You going to walk me to class?" Harper asks with a wink. She's been borrowing my clothes over the weekend. We stopped by her dorm to get her some things but even so, she loves wearing my sweatshirts and I'm not one to complain.

I perk up, pulling my jacket over my shoulders. Sur whines at my feet, holding his leash in his mouth. I take a deep breath and look up at Harper.

"Can't," I say. "I've got my own classes and Sur needs a walk."

Harper smiles. She walks towards me, wrapping her arms around my waist. My heart instantly clenching as she looks up, pressing small kisses against my lips. I cup her face, leveling her head higher. She bites onto my lip ring, pulling away slowly.

"I love you," Harper says softly against me.

I smile, feeling all kinds of warm inside. I never thought three words could ever make me feel so...happy.

Is that how it works? I mean, is this how I'm supposed to feel? Or is it just the fact I'm feeling something so relatively new to me? Whatever it is—I like it. Or at least, it makes me feel better.

Harper and I still have a lot to talk about. But for the first time in years, it finally feels like there's something more. I like who I am around her. I like who I am.

I kiss her softly again. "I love you too," I say with a smile. "I'll see you later, alright?"

"I'll look out for you," Harper winks. Her phone chimes with a notification. She frowns slightly as she reads the screen quickly before looking back up at me with the same smile.

"Everything ok?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

Harper shrugs it off just as quickly as the text appeared. "Perfect," She grabs her coat. "Now I have to go before I decide to stay the rest of the day."

"Well that wouldn't be so bad," I bite my lip ring eyeing over her suggestively. I wrap one arm around her waist.

Harper laughs, pushing away from me. "I have to go" She says without moving.

You can't wipe the smile off my face. I glance at the door, before locking my eyes with hers. "Then go," I raise my eyebrows.

Neither of us moves. Harper bites her lip, "I'm going."

She still doesn't turn around. I can't help it. I lean down, kissing her again. This time taking my time to savor the feeling and taste of her. I don't know what Harper feels when we kiss like this. But for me it makes me warm inside. Sends jolts of electricity through my body.

"I'm kicking you out," I say pulling away hesitantly. "Before I decide for us and keep you here."

"I'll see you later Lo," Harper says once I've opened the door.

I smile, "See you later Harper."

Harper gives me her award-winning smile. The one that made me fall in love with her in the first place. She looks hesitant to walk away. Every so often glancing over her shoulder to make sure I'm still looking. I watch her walk off until she's out of sight.

I go back into my apartment, closing the door behind me. I press my head onto the door and look up at the ceiling taking a deep breath. A childish smile taking over.