Chapter 37--- Finding Yourself

Logan

"You know," I say over the phone just as the driver pulls us into the airport. "The reason I came all the way to Miami wasn't just for the internship, it was to spend some time with you, too."

Aaron chuckles softly through our call, "Plans change."

I roll my eyes and look ahead at the bustling airport just as a plane flies over the car. Aaron has been traveling all summer long which means I've been the one that has had to cover a majority of his work. I honestly don't know how he does it. He sleeps eight hours a night, goes on epic adventures, spends time with his girlfriend and friends, and still works his ass off in the office.

I have no idea where he goes because every time I contact him or he sends us a message, he always drops the name of a new city or country. From what I've been able to gather, he and his girlfriend Parker have been traveling the world together. They had a fallout a few months ago and I remember how completely devastated Aaron was. He's experienced several tragedies throughout his lifetime, but this was the first time I witnessed it in person.

For a few weeks, he was absolutely miserable. Thankfully, I was here to try and console him. He and his brother Pierce moved to a nice apartment where they're living together. I spent the first few nights in Miami with them. But then Aaron managed to get back together with Parker. They've been inseparable since. Last I heard, they were in Tasmania but for all I know they're somewhere else now.

"Well fuck you too." Even through the phone, I'm sure he can sense my eyeroll.

"When you get back, I'll be back." He adds, "And if you want, we can try to take a trip somewhere else. Maybe ask Mason and we can all go visit Jarrod."

The offer sounds amazing. We haven't had a reunion trip in a long time. All of our schedules are so busy—especially Jarrod. He's basically in a new country every two weeks. It would be easier if we just all go visit him for a weekend. Mason is starting a new job as well, which makes it just as hard for him to get vacation days.

"Where are you right now anyways?" I ask Aaron as the driver starts to pull into the private area of the airport. Dad made sure to send the private jet for me. I asked him not to but apparently it was going to be grounded on the East Coast anyways because Veronica used it for her bachelorette party.

"Well, today we're moving up to Australia. We want to go see the Great Corral Reef," He shuffles behind the phone like he's finishing to pack up his bags. "You know, before it dies. Which reminds me, don't forget to push for the Green Initiative. I've spoken to Cole about it, he's already on board."

I quickly take note of it on my phone. The tarmac coming into view. "I'll do that when I get back. I'm about to board. Enjoy your time with Parker!"

"Thanks." I know he's smiling. Before he hangs up, he says, "Tell your sister I'm sorry I couldn't make it to her wedding. I hope she has a beautiful day. My gift for her should have arrived."

Just as I hang up, someone comes around my car to open the door for me. I take a step out, buttoning my suit and quickly putting on my aviators. Sure enough, Dad sent the private jet and I'm staring at the Williams aircraft as a few people take my bags and start loading them.

"Welcome back Mr. Williams." One of the attendants says as I board. I give her a polite smile and take my seat so I can look out the window.

As we're leaving Miami, I look down at the sunny city that I've been calling home this summer. My internship at Parris-Kingsman has been nothing but fulfilling. I've grown close to executive members, been able to integrate myself in the corporate world, and—most importantly—have had the opportunity of being myself. Despite the distaste people have for my lip ring and tattoos, I make sure to always showcase them.