Epilogue

Harper

Kris and Dan are losing their minds as the rave picks up. They've both taken a bit too much of...well, everything. They're wearing glow sticks around their necks, neon paint splattered on all of us. I glance to my side and see Ross jamming to the techno music playing on stage in the distance. We decided to avoid the mass of people in the center of the music. I didn't want to lose sight of him.

I promised my Godparents that I wouldn't be too crazy, and that Ross could stay with me this weekend. He really wanted to come to a concert that was playing near campus. It didn't take much convincing to get the Misfits to join us. I thought having to be the responsible one tonight would be a pain in my ass and prevent me from having too much fun. But I've found it endearing so far—like a big sister taking care of her younger brother. I even had to swipe a small green pill out of Ross's hand. Of course, that didn't stop Kris and Dan.

"Are they a thing?" Ross shouts at me loudly while pointing his thumb over his shoulder. I glance over in the direction and see Kris and Dan wiggling their tongues together in-between giggles.

I let out a laugh and shake my head, "Dan is super gay."

"Oh," Ross laughs while bouncing to the music. "Totally makes more sense. He asked me if I was single."

I place an arm around Ross, turning our attention back to the lights and music. He's grinning like an idiot, and I can't help but join him. There's green neon paint splattered across his face, and I think I have tinges of orange and pink on my own. Mikala disappeared into the mosh pit ahead a few minutes ago.

I've never felt like an older sister but having my Godparents trust me with their son feels incredible. Especially because Ross likes to play electric guitar and now that I have a drum set, sometimes we jam out together or try to learn songs so that if we meet during the weekends we can practice.

I finally feel like a human. Everyone isn't tiptoeing around me like I'm a delicate orphan anymore. I have a family, they're just a bit different. That's not to say I don't speak to Mrs. Sander's, who likes to check up on me every once in a while.

The temperatures have been dropping over the last week. This will probably be the last outdoors concert we'll get to be a part of before the fall and winter hit us. Despite it being chilly tonight, people were showing off their bodies plenty. The occasional jacket haphazardly placed over someone's shoulders.

"Baby," I hear Lo's voice behind us. I turn around, my dancing stopping almost instantly as I feel my feet melt into the grass below.

He's making his way towards us with a few beers in his hands. He cut the sleeves off a gray hoodie to show off his toned arms, and of course, his tattoos. He has a black bandana holding back his hair from his forehead, a bright smile gleaming. There's paint streaking down his hoodie, some of it on his tattooed arm. He can't tell, but I left a nice green handprint on his jeans just right over his ass. I hope his pants weren't too expensive.

Sidestepping a few dancing people, he finally makes his way towards us. "Here," He hands me one of the beers before placing one in Ross's hand.

"Nope," I practically take from Ross.

"Oh, come on!" Ross whines.

Lo laughs, putting an arm around me. "Come on, let the kid have a drink. I didn't spike it."

"He's underage." I argue over the music.

Lo leans down, placing a wet kiss over my lips. The instant touch causing my toes to curl. My body relaxed almost instantly, and I didn't notice when Lo took the beer back out of my grip and hands it to Ross.