Chapter 21--Let's Play A Little Game, Shall We?

Harper

Kris and Dan are at classes right now. At least, that's what Mikala said. When I texted to meet up alone with her, I half expected her to say, Hell no. Instead I got a text with her address and what time I should come.

Mikala lives off campus with Kris and Dan. I've never actually been to their house because we all usually meet up at Logan's place or somewhere where there's food. No wonder they always car pool, I had to take a campus bus to get here. It's at the very far end of what's considered off-campus.

Instead of Logan's village that is composed of several apartment complexes, this neighborhood is set up as small houses that are bunched together. After the bus drops me off I walk to the end of the street until I come up to the Misfits house. I can't help but smile because just like their name—the house is a misfit. Unlike all the pale colored panel homes or bricked up houses, this one is a solid dark green. Like someone had run out of money while building it and decided to paint it instead.

I walk up the steps to the door and ring the bell. For a few seconds, I don't hear anything on the other side. I ring again and this time I hear a bit of rustling and the sound of footsteps.

A young man—probably around Mikala and Logan's age—opens the door. I can hear Arctic Monkeys playing in the background but for a moment I stare at the guy. He's shirtless, pale. In another universe he would totally be a vampire. His hair looks dyed black because there's no way someone's hair is naturally that dark. There are huge gauges in his earlobes a piercing on his eyebrow, and tattoo of a spider web on one side of his chest. The web stretches over his shoulder and a few strands move over his body.

"Well look at what I just caught," He smiles and I see the piercing on his tongue.

Once upon a time—which means a few months ago—I would have been totally afraid of this guy. He does look kind of scary, but after joining the Misfits on some of their adventures, this guy seems mediocre. Even Logan has a scarier build than this.

"Where's Mikala?" I ask effortlessly.

He raises his pierced eyebrow, "Who's asking?"

I shoot him a glare, "A friend."

We lock eyes for a few seconds. The guy is probably trying to analyze if I'm lying or not. Finally, he sighs and opens the door wider. "I think she's working in the sun room which is probably why she couldn't hear you," He says as I step into the house. "I'll show you, Sugar."

Mystery Web dude leads us into the house. As far as houses go, this one isn't so bad. There are several concert posters up, a few LGBT flags I'm sure belong to Kris and Dan. I wonder if Mikala's room is just as scary as her.

At the end of the house, instead of a deck or porch, there's a sunroom. It's not filled up with plants. There's only one fern but that's in the corner. Instead, there are mannequins and fabrics. I'm surprised to see that it looks more like Fairy Godmother's workshop than a hardcore emo chick's studio room. I thought she'd have a room full of instruments and bongs.

"I found this," The guy says as we walk in. Mikala is sitting behind a sewing machine. She's moving a black pierce of fabric down the machine before stopping briefly to look up.

"Thanks Spider." Mikala mutters getting back to work.

"I'll be in your room. Dreaming the world ends," Spider rolls his eyes and walks away leaving me in the room with Mikala.

"You sew?" I ask kind of bewildered. I glance around the room, it's not very big. In a corner, I see templates and measuring tapes around a few mannequins. There's a dress that I walk up to. It looks like a project long at work.