Twenty Nine

•Louis•

When I arrived home from the agency I fell onto the couch tired. I slowly started to close my eyes when Alice's voice ran in my ears. She was singing 'Do you wanna build a snowman' from the movie Frozen. I smiled because her voice was beautiful and I was planning on sneaking up on her. 

I slowly got up off the couch since I was a little sore. Tomorrow morning is going to be worse. I walk into the kitchen seeing Ali making dinner, she had Sammy in his play-pin sleeping in the other room. I snake my arms around her waist, kissing her neck. She jumped a bit in my arms.  

"Gosh Lou-Lou you scared me." She said placing a hand over her heart.  

"I'm sorry Ali. How was our baby boy today?" I ask kissing her lips. 

"Good, he just fell asleep. I couldn't get him to sleep at first."

"I wish I was here to help you." 

***

In the morning I groaned in pain. My muscles ache from yesterday. I winched at every step I took. I quickly ate breakfast then kissed Alice and my son Sammy on the forehead before I left. 

When I arrived to work Stan was watching for me like he did yesterday, throwing a tank-top and shorts at me again. I changed and he told me to work on lifting with my arms. So that meant we would be doing bench press.  

"Stanley what's wrong? You look a little upset." I ask looking up at him since he was spotting me.  

"Umm. Well you see I asked Shelby to marry me last night." He paused and I paused by putting the bar on the rack. I sat up turning around to look at him. "S-She said no." 

"Why would she do that? I thought you guys were madly in love with each other?" 

"We were. We loved each other very much but she told me that I've spending way too much on you guys and that the only reason why I did that because ---" 

"Because were cousins." I say cutting him off and he just shook his head no. "What is it then?" 

"Because I have a small crush on your wife." He blushed a bit and looked down at his feet not wanting to look me in the eyes.  

"Stanley Lucas its okay if you have a small crush on Ali. I don't mind but if you were somebody else like Knave that I would mind because he's a dick." He just nods. I get back to my lifting before he makes do ab work outs and running. Abs work outs was what killed me yesterday. Since I'm a wee bit fat it hurt my stomach but sooner or later it will turn into a six pack and then I'll happy.  

•Liam• 

The whole case thing was going pretty easy for me. The person that I was helping seemed like a nice guy and didn't do what he did. I could tell that he didn't do it because he had that look in his eyes that he was innocent and that the other person we were going against was the real person who killed his mother.  

The court case was coming up here in a couple days. I was ready for this, I had papers in my briefcase to whom I want to call up and ask questions too. The story of how they know these people, stuff like that. I also had a grey suit ready for me to wear. I might be a little nervous but I'll get over it quickly.  

"Mr. Payne everything is going to be alright. You'll get me out of this I know you will I have trust in you." My client said to me.  

"Thanks Michael. You have every right to stay out of prison. I don't want someone young like you go to jail." 

"Hey know I'm not that young. Just a year younger than you sir." Michael laughed. I laughed along with him.  

"Hey Mikey do you want to see a picture of my babies." Michael nodded as I got my phone out showing him a picture of the beautiful one year old. He cooed at the picture asking their names I told and he then asked if Robyn was my baby girl’s name. I told no it's the other way round.  

"You're not married are you?" He asked, me shaking my head no. "You need to ask your woman to marry you." 

"I'm going to when this case is done okay. Maybe when we win I'll invite you to the wedding. Sound like a plan champ?" 

He nods and I take a hold of his neck to ruffle his hair. We say our goodbyes since it was a small meeting with him today. Just asking a few more questions and that was it. When I got home I organized all my papers so there were neat. I didn't want to lose anything. That would just look bad in my part.  

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Robyn yelled when he noticed I was home.  

"Hi Robbie. Did you miss me? I wasn't gone that long." I picked him up.  

"Yas. Miss daddy." I kiss his cheek. Robyn gave me an open mouth kiss on the cheek back.  

"Where's your sister?" He places a finger to mouth like he was thinking where Dakota would be.  

"Mummy. Sissy mummy." I walked upstairs knowing that they would be up there instead of being downstairs. I sat Robyn down as he walked into Dakota room. Riley was trying to put the bed we bought together while our daughter played tea party with her doll. Robyn sat down next to his sister and I sat next to Riley.  

She let out a long sigh. I could tell she was frustrated by the way her face scrunched up and how her ears twitched. I took the pieces from her and the paper. I placed the right parts together. Making it the bed frame. Riley was happy that I got it to work since she could. She hugged me tight from the side, giving me a kiss to the temple.  

A knock came from downstairs. I ran to get it so whoever it wasn’t waiting long. When I opened the door nobody was there but a brown box was lying on the doormat. I picked it opening it to reveling just a note attached to a small glass bottle filled with liquid.  

'Pour a few drops of this into my daughters drink. If you do this I'll reward you with something but if you don't I might have to kill your family. -J. G.’ 

I slam the door shut locking it. I ran to our back doors to lock those as well. Green was not getting into this house ever! I went to go show Riley the note and she got scared. Tucking her ears under her red hair.  

"Li he can't get Ali. If he gets his hands on her he might hurt her or worse. We have to report this Niall." 

"I know baby. That's why Louis is becoming an agent to protect her. To protect his family. We are his family now. He's protecting us too." I kissed her forehead to reassure her that everything is going to be the way it used to be when Green was arrested. Thinking about that it's been a year also that he escaped. The police weren't doing a good job finding him. He has connections out there but they couldn't find those either. 

_________________________________

~Leigh~