Five

•Liam•

I walked to the kitchen to try and find Riley. I found Louis instead, he was on his phone and he seemed very upset. He was throwing his arm up in the air. I tired listening in on his conversation. 

"Stan shut up and listen to me. She wants to go to Disney and I told her we will for our honeymoon. Well I have the money to go there for a week but I don't have enough for our wedding. We might have to…" He stopped talking. Louis ran a hand over his face. 

"Stanley Lucas I'm not taking your money for my own wedding…Yes I know you my best man but I'm still not taking your damn money." Louis looked over at me and his eyes widen. "I have to go. Bye Stanley."  I hung up the phone and walked past me with his head down, his tail between his legs and ears flat. 

Poor man he's trying his best to make this wedding perfect for Alice. He wanted everything he did for her to be perfect. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. Riley was sitting on the couch with Alice, Eleanor and Niall. Riley was admiring El's ring. I sat on the couch beside her, kissing her cheek. 

"Look Li, can this happen to us?"

"It will Riley, I promise and that's" I pulled the silver knot ring out of my pocket. "why I want to give you this. It's a promise ring and I promise that one day we'll get married." I slide the ring on her left hand. She grabs my face and we connect our lips. 

As we pulled away, she smiled. I loved her smile; it just made me smile myself. Alice asked what the knot represents. I told her that the knot is not quite tied yet but it will be when the time came. 

I can't say anything that I overheard Louis talking about. One it would break Alice's heart and two Lou would be mad. Speaking of Louis he came over to us, he kissed Alice between her ears. She got of the sofa, to leave with Louis but before they left they said goodbye to us and went to say goodbye to Harry and Zayn. 

****

*Two months later*

It was two days after Harry's birthday. I was supposed to work today but Riley wasn't feeling well and I stayed home to look after her. I also looked after Alice while Louis went to work. I was making breakfast for the three of us. As I set the table, I heard running in the hallway and I knew it was Riley running to the bathroom. Alice came into the kitchen with a worried look on her face. 

"Is Riley going to be okay?" She asked touching my arm that was holding a frying pan. I turned the stove off when the eggs were done. 

"Yeah, she just has an upset stomach. I'm sure she's fine."  I carry the pan into the dinning, placing the eggs and toast on the plates. I then grabbed the orange juice to pour us some drinks. Riley came in shuffling her feet across the floor. She sat down in her normal seat. 

"I'm not hungry Li." She pushed her plate away. I sat in my seat, as did Alice. 

"You need eat something Ri." She shook her head no. "Riley Louise you have to eat."

Riley grabs her plate, she slowly grabs for her toast. Riley takes small bites. I cut up my egg to begin eating. In the corner of my I saw Riley set down half of her toast. She looked down at her lap. 

"Li?" She looks up to meet eyes with me. "I think I'm getting fat.

“No love, you’re not. You’re beautiful just the way you are.” She covered her mouth and ran to the bathroom again. I ran after her to comfort her. I rubbed small circles on her back.

I kind of have an idea of what’s going on but not really. Riley can’t keep food down and she always throwing up from the time she wakes up to after noon. Mum always said that this happens when a woman is pregnant but Riley can’t be we used protection and everything. I pulled my phone out as walked out of the bathroom. Riley joined Alice on the couch as I went to clean the table. But before I started my cleaning I called my mum.

“Hey sweet pea, how’s it going?”

“Good, I just have a quick question.”

“What’s wrong Li?” I explained everything that was going on with Riley and she told me that she might be pregnant but I told her that we used protection. Mum laughed and said that some protection only works 97% of the time. Great I was going to be a father and I wasn’t married yet, but I want to wait till the right time for our wedding. I was also glad that I was going to have a baby, a little one running around the flat. They’ll have Riley’s kitten ears; they’ll have one of our eyes and hair. Just picturing all this made me feel all happy inside. I ran into the living room and peppered Riley’s face with kisses. Alice giggled at me.

“What are you doing LI?” Riley asked.

“I love you so much Ri, I love you so, so, so, so much. I’m going to keep you healthy. Okay, for the baby, for us, forever. Okay.”

I had to tell the others when they got home from work but what would they say about. I shouldn’t get worried with what they say. It’s my… our baby, they shouldn’t judge us for having a baby. This is a big thing in life, but this flat isn’t big enough. I’m going to have to find a bigger one before the baby comes. But I want to find out the gender before any of that happens. Then Riley and I can go shopping for the little one. Buy little pink or blue items. Pick out a name for them.

I’m just so excited about this and it’s with the person that I love. She’ll be carrying the little one for at least nine months and then they’ll be here. I know it’s a wee bit too soon to be thinking like this but I don’t care. I’m just a happy man. And Riley will be a happy woman.

__________________________________________

~Leigh~

Riley's promise knot ring to the side