Thirteen

*Third Person*

*Flashback to 1991* 

"I'm pregnant Mason! Are you happy?" Wendy yelled at her boyfriend Mason through the phone.  

"Wen it can't be possible every time we used…" Mason paused and rubbed the back of his neck. "Unless you? No you wouldn't but still we used condemns every time." 

"Mas shut up and calm down." Mason sat on his bed because before he was pacing his bedroom floor. Wendy had stopped as well. She was walking the London streets back home. She lean her back against the wall and a few tears escaped her eyes.  

She knew that now she was pregnant and her boyfriend wouldn't stay with her anymore. She was in UNI at eighteen going to be a nurse. Mason was a football player and if he's stays with her, he's going to get kicked off the team for getting a girl knocked up.  

Mason ran a hand over his face after Wendy told him that condoms don't work all the time. He sighed into his hands and told Wendy that he had to break up with her. That's when she poured her eyes out, sliding down the wall.  

A tall man shadowed over top of her. She looked up at him, whipping her eyes. The man seemed to be her age. He stretched out his hand to help her up, she hesitantly grab his hand. He pulls her up into his embrace.  

"My names Jeremy Green, what's you name beautiful?" The man-also known as Jeremy- asked thumbing away her tears and then wrapping an arm around her waist.  

"Wendy James." She says shyly resting her head on Jeremy's shoulder. They began to walk down the sidewalk and Jeremy took Wendy to his lab. Showing her around and telling her a little about his career. 

"Jer are you home?" A woman's voice called. Jeremy looked down and mumbles curse words to himself.  

"Yeah babe, but I'm working right now so I'll be in there in a couple minutes." He called back. 

****

It's been five months since Jeremy and Wendy knew each other. Wendy's belly was now at show. Jeremy had been running test on here giving her shots that were filled with a cat DNA. He was trying to make a new species that he's seen someone else do.  

Right now Wendy was lying on a hospital bed. Waiting for Jeremy to begin with the sonogram. He walked over lifting her shirt up so it was under her boobs. He squeezed the gel on to her stomach, flicking on the machine and placing the wand on the gel to smooth it around looking for the baby or in Wendy's case babies. She was having twins.  

"I'm still not understanding how one of them has cat ears and the other doesn't." Jeremy shakes his head at the screen.  

"I don’t know you’re the master creator of this." 

"Oh really now?" He looks down at her with a raised brow and she smiles up at him. He leans down to kiss her lips. They’ve been dating for a month now. Wendy frowned when he pulled away.  

"What's wrong bae?" He asked.  

"I just think its wrong how you’re kissing me when you have a fiancée upstairs." 

"It's fine. She doesn't suspect a thing. She too innocent to see stuff like that." Wendy nods her head.  

****

Wendy finally has here twin girls in October 1992. She named the car hybrid Riley Louise Cooper. Cooper was Mason's last name and she wanted it to be Riley's last name. She names her other baby Spencer Lee James. Riley was different than a normal human being. Riley had cat ears on her head and didn't have human ears. It was an effect of the shots. If Green didn't give her the shots she would have been normal. Jeremy was going to keep Riley and Wendy left with Spencer breaking up with Jeremy. He started doing drugs and drinking. Wendy didn't approve of it and Carla she didn't know. He always said what she doesn't know it won't kill her. 

"Jer bear?" Carla asked walking into his lab room. He glared at her since she wasn't really supposed to be in there. Jeremy was feeding Riley.  

"Yes baby?" He asked setting the bottle down and placing the hybrid into a cage like baby crib. Carla quickly picked the hybrid back up cradling her close.  

"You can't do that to her. She just as normal as us." She kissed the baby's head.  

"She my experiment I can do whatever with her!" His voice bombed off the small room walls. "Now what do what?!" Riley started to cry as he ripped her from Carla's arms.  

"Oh umm I forget." She smiles and skips out of the room. Jeremy rolls his eyes at her and set Riley back in her cage. She was still crying and he didn't care. Green pulled out cigarette to smoke.  

•Riley• 

I woke up not being able to breathe, coughing like I had in hailed smoke. I fanned the air around me as Liam wrapped his arm around me. I continued to cough till I was able to breathe again.  

"Are you okay Ri?" He rubbed small circles on my back.  

"Yeah I just thought I was in hailing smoke." I say resting my head on his shoulder. Liam rests his chin in between my ears.  

"Were you having a dream about it?" 

"Sort of. I was Green's lab again but I was a baby and I was in this cage thing. A woman pulled me out. She reminded me of Alice but anyway they started yelling and then he ripped me out of her arms. He placed me back in the cage and started to smoke around me." I really do think that woman was Alice's mum Carla but it could have been someone else. 

I lay back down with Liam's arms around me. Falling into a dreamless sleep for the rest of the night. 

________________________

~Leigh