Eight

•Louis•

-Few Hours Later-

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Stan said, as he walked into the living room of my flat behind me. I crossed my arms, before sitting on the couch and sighing.

"I basically dropped her off at Eleanor's house and didn't even look back, Stan. How do you think I feel?" I replied, sinking into the couch. He gave me a sympathetic look, before leaning against the wall.

"I know that you were a bit ticked off because you didn't get to spend time with your mum," He said, his gaze on the floor. "But you've got to keep in mind that Alice has never been around babies before. As far as we know, she's never been in a hospital. She might have been bored because she wasn't used to the environment." He added, causing me to hid my face in my hands, running my fingers through my hair.

"I know. But still, all I wanted was to spend time with my mum. She just had another set of twins for crying out loud. I wanted to make sure she was okay. But Alice kept poking me and poking me, so I got annoyed and now she's at Eleanor's."

"Louis, your my cousin and I love you and all," Stan said, before walking over and sitting beside me. "But you knew what you were getting into when you started dating Alice. She's innocent; you said it yourself. She doesn't really understand a lot."

"I know." I groaned, as I pushed myself off the couch and landed face first on to the floor.

"Do you love Alice?" Stan asked, causing me to look up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"With my entire being."

"Then you need to learn to see past these things and help her. If she's having trouble with something, you teach her how to do it." He told me, the wise side of him popping out of nowhere. Just as I propped myself up on my forearms, there was a knock at the door. I looked at Stan weirdly, before standing up from the floor and walking towards it.

"Alice?" I said, as I opened the door. "Why did you knock? It's your home, too, ya know?"

"I'm sorry, Louis. I didn't mean to make you mad. You do too much for me, I should have let you see your mum and baby brother and sister." She said, her ears hidden in her hair and her head hung.

"Alice-"

"I would understand if you didn't want me here anymore." She added, her gaze still on the floor. Where the hell did that come from?

"Listen to me, Ali," I said, as I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the flat the rest of the way so I could close the door. "You don't need to apologize. I'm the one who got mad at you and drove you to Eleanor's without resolving everything. You've never really been around babies, or a hospital before, so I should have been a little more patient with you. I should be the one apologizing." I told her, as I lifted her chin up with my finger so she was looking at me.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright, love." I replied, before I kissed in between her ears, causing them to slowly reveal themselves again. "C'mon, let's go sit on the coach."

"I was kinda wanting to go see your mum." She said. I looked at her strangely, giving her a lopsided look.

"Whys that, love?"

"Cause I want you to visit her and your new baby brother and sister." She replied, as she poked my stomach.

"Are you sure? I can go see them tomorrow." I stated. She nodded, a smile on her face. I leaned down to her level and pecked her lips, before slipping my shoes and jean jacket on. "Stan, lock up when you leave." I hollered, before Alice and I headed for the hospital.

*****

"Hi mum." I said, as Alice and I walked into her room. She looked up from Doris and smiled.

"Hey. I thought you were gonna come back tomorrow?" She said. I looked over at Alice and shrugged, a small smile on my face, before I walked over to my mum and asked to hold Doris. She nodded, before carefully passing her over to me. I softly and gently rocked her, content that I had another little sister to protect.

I heard Alice walk up behind me, causing me to look over my shoulder a little bit, only to see a smile on her face. "Alice, do you want to hold Ernest?" Dan asked her. She looked at me, a scared look flooding throughout her face.

"It's okay, Ali. You can hold him." I reassured her. She took a deep breath, before looking at my baby sister.

"I don't even know how to hold a baby, Lou."

"I can show you." Dan replied, standing up from the chair and walking towards Alice. I watched Ali take another deep breath, before giving in and agreeing to hold him. "Do you want to sit?" He asked her, as she nodded her head quickly.

Not long after Alice sat down, Dan had showed her how to place her arms and hands and how to hold a baby. Once she was comfortable, Dan passed Ernest over to Alice. Instantly, a smile grew on her, causing me to smile.

I always knew I wanted to become a dad one day. But now that I see Alice holding a baby, it's became clear that I want to be one more than ever now. Because I, the badass with a major soft side, can't picture myself being without Alice.

"He's really cute." Alice giggled, looking up from Ernest and giving Dan and my mum a wide smile. They laughed, before she looked at me and smiled. Her smile made my heart race just like it always does.

After all, she is my something great.

_____________________________

-Logan, xx

A/N: I ship Alice and Louis HARD. Like, no lie. Their friggin adorable. Sorry. Just had to point it out. Goodbye !