Prologue

It's my fault, all my fault.

Was all she could think as she lay on the cold cement floor of the basement. Blood dripped out of her mouth and stomach. She cried more as she went over all that happened just a minute ago. Her white nightgown was ripped and covered in blood, all from him. Her black hair was a knotted mess. But worse of all, was the fact there her right wrist was broken.

She lay on her side as her hand was stretched In the same position it was in when he slammed his foot onto her small wrist. She couldn't feel her fingers, or anything, she was just numb. Her neck pain seized any movement of her head. So she just laid there, crying and waiting for death to take her away from the living nightmare.

Just before she could close her eyes, he came back down into the basement. She acted like she was passed out as she listened to his haunting footsteps. She screamed so loud in her mind, bit would meet scream out loud ever again. That's was got her in this mess in the first place.

She felt his knuckled slowly trailing down her visible cheek. It took all her might not to flinch. He moved some off her face and continued to caress her cheek. She managed to still act asleep through off of this.

"Aria...I hope you learned your lesson" He said grabbing her face harshly jolting her eyes open.

He turned her head to look at him, causing severe pain him her neck. she whimpered and more tears came puring out of her eyes. He smiled at her pain as she tried to form words out of her mouth.

"So Aria, tell me what you learn" He said obviously drunk and ready for another round of hurting her...

"D-don't S-sc-scream" she barely got out before more.blood dripped from her mouth.

He smiled and loosened his grip
On her face.

"Good girl" he said using his free hand to grab something from his back pocket.

She watched in fear as he pulled out syringe full of a yellowish clear liquid. She tried to shake her head but her neck didn't allow it. Her eyes widened as she brought the liquid to her neck.

"Shh- your going to take a little nap for me, ok?" He smiled sinisterly.

She felt the needle pierce her neck she tried to move her hand but they wouldn't budge. She cried more and more.

"N-no" she gasped out as it became hard to breath.

"Shhhhh" was all he said before....

BAM!

The door at the top of the stair crashed open, this seised his movement for a slpit second as close people started to shout.

She eyes moved toward the stairs where she saw the police standing and aiming guns at her step father. His hand was still on the syringe making her remember her predicament.

"REMOVE THE SYRINGE FROM HER NECK, NOW!" one of the cops yelled.

"REMOVE THE SYRINGE AND STEP AWAY FROM THE GIRL" another man said and was just ignore like the other.

"Fine." His drunken voice said

Before anyone could react, she felt the liquid enter her neck. Her eyes widened, she was do close to being saved and now she is going to die.

Bang!

Was all she her as she watched her step father fall to he ground. He was still alive but now he couldn't hurt anyone..

She felt a hand on her shoulder as her body began to feel paralyzed. She didn't feel the syringe being removed from her neck or someone covering the giant cut on her stomach. All she felt was a hand got to her cheek as she felt tired.

"Everything's going to be alright sweetheart, just hang, you have to hang on just a little longer. " An echoing male voice said.

  It sounded much younger than her step father's. She looked up with her eyes to see a blurry male, he had blondish hair. Her vision was too blurry to see any other features.

She tried her best to keep her eyes open but it wasn't working. Her eyes began to close and it was getting harder to breathe.

"SHE'S BARELY BREATHING!!!!!" Somebody shouted but she couldn't see who.

"Come on. Stay with us ok, just a little longer please" the was voice closer now.

She could could more movement and other voices but she couldn't make out their conversation. She felt something being place on he face, almost like a mask. She didn't care because what ever it was it was able to breath now.

"You're going to be ok..." A voice said as she faded into darkness

792 words