Mystique

My sweet, sweet Mystique. I smile down at her tiny, dependent, fragile body and she stirs in her sleep. She awakes crying and Michael rushes to my side instantly, laying a comforting hand on my shoulder. He climbs onto the bed and starts giving me a back massage, I don't complain, the past few days have been really hard on us, he struggles with leaving me alone now, because of you know the whole situation with Cedar taking me away. But we're slowly moving past it. We get to go back to the gang house tonight, I'm so excited to go back and I finally get to see my beautiful puppy. She's going to love Mystique so much. I giggle at Mystique's small frame suckling on my breast, getting her nutrients. Cedar and Primrose come into our room while Michael is giving me a back massage and Mystique is suckling. I grumble under my breathe as Michael recoils and grips my shoulder extremely tight, going to cause a bruise. Michael recoils further and sits on the bed next to me. I let out a tear and snap at Cedar and Primrose.
"And what the hell do you want?"
"We're here to say you can go home, you've recovered well and your vaginal birth was a success with no complications, you should dilate within a week or two."
"Okay cool. Thank you for letting us know. We'll be gone in a matter of minutes. Thank you for your hospitality."
"That's quite okay Abigail." I let out a groan at the use of my full name. They leave and we get up, ready to pack Mystique's things. We're all packed and out the door in a matter of seconds. I lay Mystique down in her cradle basket next to Michael and I shift, me and him both knowing full well, that I'm quicker. He picks up Mystique and her few things and climbs onto my large back. I rise to my feet and let out a Wolfy chuckle when Mystique let's out a baby giggle. I start running towards the Gang House and when we arrive I make sure to go to the front door before shifting then Nick gives me his shirt so I can sort of semi cover my body. We walk inside and everyone cheers and crowds us for cuddles with Mystique. I slip out the room and up to our bedroom to get changed and put Mystique's things in our room. I set up her bassinet and her mobile that hangs over the bassinet. Michael comes in through the door with a screaming newborn, our screaming newborn. I take her and lay her down in her bassinet, I decide to sing to her and as I'm singing she slowly drifts off to sleep, I smile at the fact that she fell asleep so quickly.
"You work wonders with that child of ours, I can never get her down to sleep."
"She might just need a motherly hand. You're a great dad and I care about you ALOT. You just need to spend more time with her when she's tired, next time when she's tired or hungry I want you to sing to her, it'll help her down and it'll make you relax a bit. I promise you'll get used to it." I smile at the fact that Michael is grumpy.
"I suppose you're right. I'll spend some time with her tomorrow." He smiles at me as I lay down ready to get some sleep, having a baby and shifting 3 hours later really takes the energy out of you. I curl up in my usual sleeping position and let out a loud sigh as Nick climbs in next to me. I'm so happy that me and him are finally moving past it all. He's still struggling but not nearly as bad as he was.