Another Day Another $$

Well right now it's 1:30am and I'm totally geeking out reading a book from the "fallen" series and realise that that's what Raziel had to go through, thousands of years trying to find his mate only to find she was killed or didn't make it through whatever she was going through. I can't even begin to imagine what he must be going through right now. Hunta had told me Raziel gave the kids' up for adoption and ran far away. I wonder how far. I wonder if he went back to his kingdom in the clouds. I wonder if he still has the dog tags I bought him for his last birthday. Hunta told me that Mum had gone stir crazy after I left, her and Dad cry every night he'd told me. But worse than that, the kids lost their happiness. Aparently they still remember me, they still remember that I was their mum. I can't bare to think what this must be doing to them. It would be even harder on Hunta, having to sit by and watch everyone slowly losing their minds. I hate what I did to them but it was the only way that I could keep the pack safe from pain. I guess I didn't do a very good job considering they're all going crazy with guilt, pain and suffering. Idk what to do. Just as I'm freaking out and doubting my decision I hear the all but familiar loud rapping noise of someone knocking on the front door. I get out of bed and pull Nick's shirt over my head and run down the stairs and straight to the front door, hoping none of the others woke up. I pull the door open and am confronted by an overwhelming sense of sadness, pain and depression. My two children are standing on my doorstep either side of my older brother Hunta. I almost break down into a fit of tears but I keep my composure and smile at the three of them.
"Hello there, is there anything I can do for you?" I say in mock suprise.
"Could we come in for a cuppa, please? We're freezing and tired."
"Of course, of course, come in and get yourselves settled in the loungeroom, I'll bring in some hot chocolates." I reply sending a smile Hunta's way.
"Thank you so very much." reply the kids.
"That's quite okay young lady and young man." I say smiling.
I walk into the kitchen as they get into the loungeroom and sit on the soft plush sofas and start talking. I flick the kettle on and I grab out 4 mugs, a kitten and dog one for AmyRose, a tiger cub one for Kaden, a frog one for Hunta and a wolf one for myself and pour the hot milk and boiling water into the mugs with the hot chocolate sticks in them and stir it around a bit until it's all melted. I grab a tray and put the 4 mugs on it and take it into the loungeroom. I place the mugs on coasters in front of each person and I frown when I see that Hunta is watching me, watching, no, inspecting, my every move, like I could break any second. I hear footsteps and curse under my breath. That better not be Jace, he doesn't like unexpected guests, especially at 2, almost 3am, he'll hate it even more because it's people from my old life. Before I came back here. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding when I see Nick's half asleep face groaning, trying to wake himself up enough to see why someone is boiling the kettle at 3am. He comes close and pulls me in for a hug and whispers in my ear, "who are the kids?"
"You know Hunta, but yeah, um, I sorta had 2 kids with my ex-mate before coming here." I replied looking up at him hoping he says something. I expected to see a scowl on his face, or something to prove he was angry at my never saying so, but it was much the opposite, he had a small, content smile on his face and looked extremely welcoming towards the children, towards my brother, not so much.
"Why are you here Hunta." asks Michael (A/N: thought I'd mix the use of real name and fake name), straight to the point.
"Abigail needs to see that it's not just herself she is hurting. She's slowly driving everyone insane, Raziel is back at his Kingdom, pledging to take on the Angel Queen. He threw away the tags she bought him. Mum's getting better but not in a good way, she's grieving the loss of her daughter, thinking you had died. Dad can't help but break down in tears every night in Mum's arms, thinking you've disappeared off the face of the Earth. And your two bestfriends? You don't wanna know what is happening with them. Let's just say, they're doing it tough. They've broken the bond with both their mates and told them it's too painful to be near them when Raziel had to deal with seeing them together all the time and in the end. Nobody is handling this well. Come back Abby. We need you back. We all need you back. Please?"
"Hunta, I think it's best you leave, you're upsetting her and the children, I suggest you go back to your home, go back to your sweet little mate, back to your warm bed, and let us do the same." says Michael, sensing that I was getting agitated already.
"Look Michael, you need to leave her and your stupid facadé of love and let her come back to her family, back to her pack, back to where she lives."
"No Hunta, I don't need to do anything at your command any longer. You do not get to decide what I must and must not do. Now I happily suggest you leave. And don't come back. Oh yeah, and don't even think about telling the others where we are."
"Oh look at Mr Macho over here getting all protective over my sister. C'mon kids, let's go, I think it's clear to see there's nothing left here for us."
Hunta pics up Kaden and takes AmyRose's hand and they walk straight for and out the front door, AmyRose looking back for only a second before disappearing into the dark cover of the night. "I'm sorry Michael. I don't know why he felt he had to do that. I'm lost about what to do, he's completely confused me." I say shaking my head in sadness.
Nick lifts my chin to look at him and speaks up, "Go get some rest, I'll clean up and sleep down here. I'll let you think."
"Thank you Michael." I say walking up to our room. I get in there and am flooded with memories from my life in the pack. I let the tears flow and before I know it I'm collapsed on the floor, convulsing and crying from the memories. I feel a warm but cold sensation around my stomach and then I let out an ear piercing scream from the pain, which no doubt would've woken the whole house up. I feel someone put their hand over my mouth to stop the screams and I realise I don't know who it is, it's definitely not a werewolf because the hand is cold, icey, sickly and makes me want to recoil away. I hear everyone opening their bedroom doors and walking towards my room and all of a sudden I'm hoisted up on someone's shoulder and the person jumps out the window, pulling it shut after them. They land on the balcony and I take this moment to look back through the window and I see Michael and Jace's horrified reactions when they see I'm not there. I let out another ear piercing scream from the pain in my stomach and their eyes shoot to mine and connect but in that same instant, my captor jumps down off the balcony and lands softly on the grass and runs at what seems like the speed of light but I know it's just supernatural speed, like mine, or any other supernatural creature. I scream out again and I hear the person mumbling to themselves, I could only make out a few words, "Shit... Not meant... Hurt this bad... Shouldn't be screaming..." another involuntary scream comes out and the person lets out a string of curse words under their breath and quickens their pace. The person slows their pace as a brown log cabin comes into veiw. The person stops and walks inside, me still hung over their shoulder. I let out a string of pained screams and someone pulls me off the person's shoulder and lays me down on a soft bed with silk sheets being placed over my delicately smooth skin. They stand in the corner of the room and talk,
"Will the pain subside? I hate seeing her like this."
"Yes it will it'll just take some time. The wolfsbane is only enough to calm her and her wolf, it will not harm the child she is carrying."
"Fucken better not hurt that child. Why do we need her here then? She should be with the father in this moment, the father should be here Echinacea."
"Cedar, you suggest that again and you will have no place in this home."
"You know I'm right. Don't fight me on this. I can easily go back there and get him to bring him here. I am getting him whether you want me to or not, I'm asking for your blessing back into the house."
"Fine. You have my blessing. But hurry up, the other bed in this room looks more comfortable so I'll move Abigail. Please hurry Cedar."
"Be back in a tick." says the guy who I'm assuming, is Cedar. The lady, Ecinacea, comes over to me and says, "You need to move beds, the other one will be more comfortable in this time. You need to rest and this bed isn't very comfortable." she sighs, picks me up, swiftly and easily, and places me in the other bed, draping the already warmed silk sheet over my freezing yet boiling body. I sigh a small thank you and she nods her head in return and I let out a small smile only to be shut down by a loud scream forcing it's way out my throat. I cry out in pain and feel my stomach getting colder and hotter at the same time. Cedar walks in with Michael draped over his shoulder and Michael isn't screaming in pain or anything, just looks really docile.
"Omg, I thought I'd lost you, you're okay? Yeah? No? Talk to me Abby" says Nick shouting the ending. I let out another horrific scream and curl into a ball and the guy, Cedar, comes to my side and sticks another needle into my arm, a purpley liquid is squeezed through the needle and into my body. I feel the pain subsiding slowly and I fall asleep before I can say anything.
I let out a giggle when the liquid starts wearing off and I see Nick standing over my bed protectively. He turns around and places a soft hand on my cheek with a smile. "I love you baby." he says smiling.
"I love you t---" I am cut off by a loud, ear piercing scream erupting from my lungs and Michael instinctively rests a hand on my stomach lightly.
The two from earlier come in and I see they have a new friend with them. "This is Primrose, she's our resident midwife. She's great, helped me through my first 3."
"I don't need a midwife. I'm not due for another month." I say freaking out. Cedar injects me with a small amount of purple stuff again and he backs off and let's Primrose continue.
"You're actually in active labour right now, you really need to push, Umm, like, now." she says just as a scream erupts, I 'push' and feel a contraction helping me along. I let out a few pants and am interrupted by another scream and contraction, forcing me to push. I let out a loud wail and Nick grabs my hand. I didn't even realise I was only in Michael's shirt until I see a head coming out my neather regions. I scream and push a few more times then I hear screaming and crying coming from a small baby girl and Ecenacia picks up my child and leaves the room to go clean her up. I smile at Michael and he looks and me and speaks straight away,
"What are we going to call her?"
"Not sure. I was thinking something like Rose, Silver or Mystique."
"How about SilverRose as her first name? We can decide a middle and last name later baby."
I smile and fall asleep as soon as I put my head on the pillow. I feel the bed weigh down next to me and I feel them shaking my shoulder gently, I wake up and Ecenacia hands my child to Michael, he smiles and hands little SilverRose to me.
I let out a contented sigh and Michael smiles down at me while taking photos of me and my beautiful little one playing peekaboo. I smile down at her and although tiny, she smiles a gummy, toothless grin up at me. Someone walks into my room and while I'm too busy distracted, tickling my newborn, they sit on my bed. I look up, prying my eyes away from SilverRose and see Miranda sitting cross legged on my bed holding a small baby wrapped in a blue blanket.
"Awww, what's her name girly?" says Miranda looking at me intently.
"SilverRose or Mystique. What's this cute little things name?" I say tickling her little boy.
"Bailey. We decided while I was pushing." she says so casually.
"Were your contractions really bad pain wise?" I ask feeling stupid that they had time to think of baby names and probably a hundred other things at the same time while I was unable to move let alone talk.
"Not at all, they were almost pain-free so it was closer to boring than painful. Were yours painful?"
"Oh no, no, I was just wondering how people can say it's the worst pain they've ever felt." I reply lieing straight through my teeth.
"Yeah, I don't get it. It was quick, painless and nice."
I feel Nick stirring by my side, he'd fallen asleep when Miranda got in here, Miranda and I spent the first 20 minutes just playing with our newborns. I smile down at Nick who just woke up and is now rubbing his eyes to try and wake himself up quicker. I laugh at him and he looks straight at me and smiles.
"Can I hold her?" He asks smiling at me.
"Of course baby, you've been asleep for a while now, here she is bubba." I say smiling at my sleepy partner.
"Awww, what an adorable little baby. My little Mystique is going to grow up into such a beautiful woman. You're so gorgeous." He coos the baby to try to get Her to sleep.
"Pass her here, she might need a feed. I start to breast feed my baby girl and she makes a weird sucking sound then starts drinking. I lay down and Mystique finishes drinking and looks up at me straight away. I smile down at her and sing a lullaby to help her drift off to sleep.

Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover

And if that dog named Rover won't bark
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

I sing the lullaby Mum sung to us as kids and Mystique is asleep as soon as I finish, right after flashing me a huge smile.
Nick smiles at me, happy that I've got her to sleep. "I'll put her down in her bassinet, pass her here babe."
I pass Mystique to Nick and he takes her, happily and places her tiny sleeping frame in her bassinet next to our bed. I shed a small tear just as I get flashbacks of Mum singing to me and the boys. I let out a small smile while the tears are flowing in a steady stream down my face. Michael looks at me, sees I'm crying and runs to my side. "What's wrong Ruby? Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. Just thinking about the times when mum used to sing that to us kids."
"I remember that everyone was jealous that I had the Moon Goddess tuck me in and sing to me at night, and they were even more jealous that I got to sleep in the same room as her daughter. They used to beat me black and blue telling me I didn't deserve to know you so well. I used to have bruises like no tomorrow but your mother never let anyone see, not for their sake, but for mine, your mother was and is a great woman. Her duties as Goddess will be passed onto someone that her spirit chooses soon and I hope you know that I want to start a pack with you. Just me, you, our children, the gang, and our sweet, sweet child. I love you Ruby." he says laying a kiss on my forehead.