⭐Familiar Faces⭐

Hunta's POV
I wake up at 6pm to hear Mum shouting at me and my twin, Ace, to get up because someone's here and they don't know who. I groan and roll out of bed, the day Abigail left, she didn't know I had taken a blocking spell, so her memory wipe didn't work on me. It's hard seeing your whole family forget someone that was so dear to them not even 10 minutes ago. Raziel lost the plot. Gave the kids up for adoption, luckily Mum adopted them. Although she had no idea why she felt she was related to them. Then Raziel left again, taking off to 'go do what he was made for' which of course none of us knew what it was. So naturally when he hadn't come back after 8 hours we sent a party of 5 warriors out, including myself, to go find him. We found him, but not in a good way, he was trying to fly, caught between wolf, human, and angel. He was about to die when we got there, I couldn't let the kids grow up without a dad and mum. Ace lost his shit as well, often describing it to his multiple psychologists as, feeling like he's lost a part of himself but he doesn't know what that part is. Dad cried the first night, thinking the feeling of loss was because mum had a miscarriage. Mum completely lost it, of course, because of her powers mum knew it was Abby, she knew who Abigail was, at least for the first night. When she woke up in the morning she thought it was all a bad dream, she thinks me and Ace are her only kids. It's horrible. And don't even get me started on the kids. We get to the pack border where a black Ferrari with tinted windows pulls up. Abby steps out and she let's out a sob upon seeing the "happy" family in front of her. Someone gets out of the car next to her and I recognize him instantly. Nick, we all went to school together then he left with a bunch of his mates and started going around killing people. Then they all moved and Abby stopped getting visits from him. Nick grabs her hand and her face softens. I hear footsteps from behind me and I whip around to see the kids have come out to see what the commotion is about. Abby's kids. How can she not be crying right now, heck, I am and they're not even my kids!
"Who are you?" Asks Dad.
"My name is Ruby Pitcher and I am just here to ask for a bite to eat, you see, we've been traveling for a long many miles and a friend of mine said the people that live here would be happy to feed us." Good story sis, pull on mum's heart strings.
"Why should we feed you. We don't even know you." Says Ace.
"You would know me, if I wasn't so selfish." Abby mumbles.
"Come inside dear, it must be so cold out there." Says Mum.
"Okay, thank you Ma'am." Says Abby hiding the fact that she just almost said Mum. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience."
"Oh no no. There's no inconvenience at all. Let me just grab you a plate of lasagne." Abby's eyes are watering and mum notices, "what's wrong dear?"
"I just miss my mum's cooking. It's amazing what 3 days can do to a person." She responds.
"Sorry Ruby, may I have a word quickly?" I ask. Using her fake name as to not draw attention. She nods and we walk out of the room and into mum and dad's soundproof office. "How the hell could you leave them Abby? They're all losing their shit, they don't know what the hell happened to their heads. They feel like their memories are glossy. You have to lift the memory wipe." I say trying to control myself.
"What are you talking about? My name's Ruby, I don't even know an Abby."
"Stop. I had a spell blocker on when you wiped everyone Abigail." I say starting to get annoyed that she's denying it.
"Please don't tell them. It's easier for them if they don't know. Raziel couldn't get hurt and guess what. Mum told me awhile back that true mates can fight past the wipe, and that if such a thing happens as to wipe one's memories of the other, they will fight through it and find them within the first 3 hours. I guess we weren't true mates." Abby says spitting at me.
"The kids. Couldn't you take them with you?" I ask.
"Why? They seem fine here with Raziel." She says in response.
"That's the thing. They're not here with Raziel anymore. He gave them up for adoption the second day after you left. Mum had to adopt them." I say getting pissed.
"Thats not my fault. I'm trying to start a fresh and I came back for some of mum's lasagne now please, let me go have one last meal before I leave your lives forever."
"I'll never stop chasing you." I say with hatred behind every word.
"And I'll never let you catch me."
We walk back downstairs and Abby speaks up, "hey, umm, would we be able to take some of this with us? We best be off, it's a long drive home and we have to be back before tomorrow." ."of course, let me just grab a container." Mum comes back out with a container full of lasagne and I say goodbye to Abby and Nick. They speed off down the road and I run up to my bedroom and fall asleep.