•Flash Forward•

It's been a month since I left, me and Nick are stronger than ever, baiting's been going good and my depression is the best it's been in God knows how long. Of course I still have a small niggling feeling that what I did was wrong, going back, I mean. Anyway. Tonight I have another bait and then me and Nick are going out to dinner. I can't wait. It'll be nice. I go into the kitchen, already dressed and ready for my next bait, a wealthy dude who needs a date for a work meeting, so he called 1300 DIAL A DATE, something Nick came up with. He called and we scheduled for me to be his date. He'll be here in 5 minutes. The guys, of course, will be there to 'pick me up'. I'll ask him to come with me to the car and done. I hear the doorbell ring and I walk to the door. I open it and am confronted by a good looking guy with flowers, he hands them to me and I decide to speak up.
"Come in, I'll just put these in some water, make yourself at home and if 6 guys come from upstairs, ignore them. They're my brothers." I say playing along with the back story.
"Okay hun." Replies the guy.
"Yo Darion grab me a towel, me and Miranda are going out on a date." Says the recognizable voice of Jace.
"Who's Miranda? Another one of your sluts?" Replies Darion.
"No asshole, I love her, she's different." I walk out, laughing.
"Sorry about that Jordi, they're idiots." The boys carry on and I shout out to them as the come down the stairs, "oi, I'm leaving now, keep ya fricken voices down, I don't want any noise complaints. I'll be finished about 10, please pick me up then."
"Where are you going? And who is this lovely strapping young man?" Asks Nick, I know he's not happy about this considering his jaw is clenching and unclenching.
"I'm off on a date with lovely Jordi Drabey here, Nick. Can you guys follow us so you know where to pick me up?" I ask them.
"Yep. Do you need all of us though?" Says Dario, wtf, he's straying from the script. I'll have to fucking improvise!
"Umm, yeah, you guys will want to hear gossip at the end of the night anyway, may as well all pick me up." I say sounding more confident at the end.
"Fair enough. Let's go then." Grumbles Dario.
I get into the car with Jordi and he decides to speak up, "that Nick guy sounds like he hates you going out on dates with guys?"
"Yeah. Overprotective big brother I guess." I laugh it off.
"Yeah. So what's it like having 6 brothers?"
"Smelly. Gross. Sweaty. But I know that if shit goes downhill they'll all have my back, if ya get what I mean." I say laughing off the awkwardness again.
"Yeah. I grew up with 2 sisters and 3 brothers." Says Jordi.
"Sounds harsh."
"Not as harsh as being the only girl with six dudes." Laughs Jordi. I let out another laugh and the car comes to a stop, "we're here. By the way you should try to be professional during this meeting."
"I will." I say grabbing his hand with one of mine and grabbing my purse and the length of my dress in the other.
"Looking elegant tonight Mr Drabey. And your lady is looking absolutely exquisite. Very beautiful lady." Says the Doorman, eyeing me up and down.
"Yes my lady is, so hands off and take us to our table Jay." Says Jordi emphasizing the 'my'.
"Thank you." I say to the doorman and we are seated at a table with myself, Jordi, 2 older men and 2 middle aged women.
"Who do we have here Jordi?" Asks one of the older men who looks to be in his late 60's or early 70's.
"My name's Ruby, yours is?" I say being professional.
"The name's Marcais. Did Jordi hire you or are you this new partner the media have been playing with?"
"Well I can certainly say I'm not getting paid for this if that's any indication." I say covering Jordi's dumb ass. Today the guys decided, last minute, that this Jordi dude could be a good asset to the gang so now we're just getting him back to ours to try to get him to join our gang. Considering it sounds like he's taking an interest in me he might be willing.
Our food comes to the table and Jordi has done the nice thing and ordered for me while I zoned out. He ordered oysters for me and himself, and a lobster for me and him to share. Damn he likes sharing everything, I hope he doesn't mind sharing me considering I'm not and won't ever be his.
"Thank you Jordi. Please, don't let my being here inturrupt your meeting. I'm probably zoned out half the time anyway." I say when it becomes dangerously quiet.
"That's okay dear, they usually don't talk when us women are around." Laughs one of the ladies.
"Oh." I say with a small laugh. I turn to Jordi and he shrugs. We start eating and I hesitate because I've never eaten Oysters before.
Jordi turns to me and chuckles, showing me how to do it. He swallows and speaks up, "see, not too hard, you'll get used to it."
"So Jordi, about this deal. Apple have approached us last week and are wanting marketing skills that only your office can produce, they're also looking for a woman to hire to do such a job and considering the only female in your office is horrible at her job, I suggest you find someone. And you find someone quick. They want to meet this marketing genius by Friday." Says one of the old guys.
"Friday?! That's two days away Frank! How am I meant to find someone that quick??" Says Jordi getting anxious. I lay a hand on his shoulder and tell him everything will be okay.
"Sorry darling, what did you say your last name was?" Asks the Frank, guy.
"It's Pitcher, Ruby Pitcher." I say with a smile. Frank makes a low hmm sound and speaks up soon after he googles something on his phone. He must have heard of me before. I've posted a few things I've drawn and created on a few different websites under the name Ruby Pitcher so no one would find out. I guess they have now.
"Your girl's pretty good and sketches and realism animations. Maybe she's what we're looking for Jordi?" Says Frank, handing the phone to Jordi.
I blush as Jordi speaks up, "wow. You're amazing at this stuff, maybe I need to offer you a job." Says Jordi smiling.
"I think we've just found our new marketing assistant for Apple Co." Laughs Marcais.
"What-huh- no. Me?" I say stunned.
"Your work is amazing, ever thought of doing it for marketing?" Asks Jordi with a serious tone.
"No. It's sort of just a hobby, nothing great." I reply.
"This stuff is great." Remarks one of the other ladies. "Wish I could sketch like that."
"Welcome to the Company Ruby." Says Marcais.
"Th-thank you." I say, dumfounded.
"Well considering we've finished eating and we have our new Marketing assistant, let's call it a night." Says Jordi.
"Of course." Replies Marcais. We get up and I straighten my dress, pick up my purse and then we leave.
"Hey Ruby. How'd it go?" Asks Nick as we walk out.
"It was good. I got a job?" I say questioningly.
"What will you be doing?" Asks Nick through gritted teeth.
"Marketing for Apple Co." I say shrugging.
"Wait what? You're going to be working for Apple? As in IPhones?" Remarks Dario surprised.
"Yes. She'll be doing their marketing. She'll even get to meet Tim Cook. The CEO." Says Jordi.
"Wow. Girl you're gunna be ritchh!!" Shouts Miranda getting out of the car. "But enough talk about dosh, we need to get home, Josh is getting angrier by the minute." She says. Ugh, Michael's probably said some joke that he took personally. I always dissolve arguments between those two.
"Okay." I groan, "do you want to come back for a cuppa? Might be nice for you to meet the gang?" I say knowing he'll think I meant it figuratively.
"Sure? I'm guessing you'll need some backup in case it breaks out into a fight?" Asks Jordi chuckling.
"It was probably just one of the guys saying a joke that the other took to heart." I say looking at Michael.
"Don't fucken look at me. Wasn't my fault this time." Says Nick lifting his hands up in surrender.
"Mhmm." I mumble. I get into Jordi's car and we make it back to our place safely. I hear screaming and shouting and instantly run inside, soon followed by Jordi and Nick. I run into the spare bedroom, where the noise is coming from and see Jace, Josh, Jordan and Jamie all shouting at each other. I let out a loud, ear peircing whistle and all eyes are suddenly on me. "Okay so what the fuck happened and why the fuck are the bedside tables smashed? Why has pretty much everything in this room been broken? Now, one at a time." I say keeping calm.
"Well Jace said Martha is a slut. Then Josh hit him, causing me to try to step in, getting hit in the process." Says Jamie looking down.
"Where does Jordan come into this?" I say trying to get the whole picture.
"I told them to stop mesuring cocks coz we all know mine's bigger, which then caused Jamie to laugh and the others get pissed off. I don't know why. But anyway, I kinda told Jace to hit me so we could get over this, and I told Josh that if Jace pisses him off again to hit me. Of course they both took up the opportunity to hit me and gave me this nice bruise right here." Laughs Jordan pointing to the rightside of his jaw. I let out a chuckle and everyone seems to visibly relax slightly.
"I think that's more than enough testosterone for one day, go have showers and get some sleep." I say laughing at their utter stupidity.
"Finee." They all grumble, walking to their rooms.
"Now that that's sorted. Can we please have a word Jordi?" Says Jace.
"Okay?" Replies Jordi, looking at me for confirmation. I nod my head and he walks off into the study following Jace and Nick. I hear some mumbles then a loud "What the fuck?!" Come from Jordi. I go down to sit in the loungeroom and I settle on the couch, eating the tub of icecream Dario had just brought in for me. Don't judge okay. I work it off quickly so there's nothing to worry about in that aspect. "Woohoo." Cheers Nick as he clears the flight of stairs in one jump. I chuckle and Nick comes and tackles me further into the couch.
"What's got you so excited Nick?" I laugh using his fake name.
"That doesn't sound right coming out of your mouth anymore." Says Michael groaning. "But anyway, Jordi decided to join as long as he can keep his job." I laugh at that last statement, knowing he'll start missing a whole lot of work because he's 'too tired'.
Jordi and Jace come down the stairs laughing at one of Jace's horrible jokes. "You're definitely not the jokester of the group." Chuckles Jordi.
"Yeah. That'd be me." Laughs Michael, getting off me, he pulls me up into a standing position.
"I can picture that." Says Jordi, still chuckling, "wait, you're dating one of your bbrothers? Eww."
"No Jordi, we're not actually all related. The guys are all good mates, Nick here is my boyfriend and Miranda is with Jace. Oh yeah, and if you want to have a girl around here you have to ask first so we know to hide all the shit a girl wouldn't like to see on the first or second date." I laugh seeing Jordi's face contort, "Don't worry, you get used to it."
"This is going to take some adjusting." Says Jordi looking around at all the guys, now in the loungeroom. I turn around to see Jamie eating my icecream.
"Oi! BRAT! STOP SHOVING MY ICECREAM IN YOUR GOB." I shout. Jamie puts it down and decides to speak.
"Sorry hun." Says Jamie putting his hands up in surrender.
"Never steal icecream from Ruby as well by the way, if you take too much she'll threaten to chop your balls off. And she keeps promises." Says Jace in all seriousness.
"And if I make dinner, do not inhale it in 5 seconds or I'll punch you in the nuts, comprendé?"
"Yep. No problem there, I hardly ever eat anyway." Replies Jordi laughing.
"Oh my god. How. Do. You. Survive? Oh don't worry, as soon as you've tasted Ruby's food, you'll start eating a fuck ton more." Remarks Miranda who just popped out of nowhere.
Jordi just nods and I decide to go make some cookies. Sure it's like 1am but who cares? I quickly dash upstairs and steal one of Nick's button-up shirts and strip, leaving myself in just his shirt and my underwear. I dash back downstairs to see all my ingredients still laid out on the cupboard. "What are you baking baby." Huskily whispers Nick in my ear.
I let out a small giggle and turn around to face him, "cookies!!" I squeal, "wanna help??" I ask knowing he'll say yes.
"Of course babe." We get to work and finally get all the cookies in the large, industrial sized oven. A total of 12 batches with 12 cookies per batch. I collapse from exhaustion and Nick lets out a chuckle and sits beside me. I climb into his lap and rest my head on his chest, feeling it rise and fall as he breathes. I am soon snapped out of my little daydream by the timer going off, signalling that the cookies are done. I turn to Nick and smile, he grins back and we jump up and get all the trays out. They look beautiful. I grab a cookie and bite into it, it's warm, melted choclate chips tasting delicious against my tastebuds.
"These are so good Rubz!!" Shouts Nick. I smack his arm knowing that would've just alerted everyone in the house that I made food.
"You suck." I whisper under my breath when everyone starts filing in and stealing cookies. I grab a medium sized cookie jar and fill it with cookies, taking them to me and Nick's room. I get inside and collapse onto the bed, too tired to move. Someone opens the door and I hear them chuckle. "Let's get you some rest." Smiles Michael, coming into view.
I smile and he climbs in bed with me and I cuddle up to him, resting my head on his chest. He smiles a cocky grin and I laugh. I soon drift off to sleep, feeling the rising and falling of his breaths.