Puppa Dogs

We play fetch with my puppy for a solid half an hour and he's still energetic af. How cute. I let out a sigh of relief and smile. I wonder if I'll be happy when the baby gets here? I am already about 4 months in (around 16-18 weeks) and of course everyone asked why I didn't quite have a six pack anymore and of course I played it off as it being all the cake I was eating. I wonder what the little one will look like? Will it have my powers and look like Nick or have Michael's power and my looks? Will it have fiery hair like me? Or soft brown like Michael? Will it have my emerald green eyes or Nick's grey ones? There's so many things that I just want to know. I wish I knew exactly what my little one will look like. I smile when I realise my little puppy has snuggled up in my lap, resting his small head on my pregnant stomach. Michael soon comes out with his little pup and sits next to me and turns to ask a question.

"Do you think our baby will have your powers?" His question startles me out of my daze.

"I'm not sure, I've technically 'diluted' my bloodline because my only living heir was born through a non mated pair of wolves, but there's a slight possibility. Why?"

"I just don't want our baby boy or girl having to grow up in this kind of situation. You know, I don't want him or her to grow up the way we did. Not knowing what the f*!k is happening to their body. I don't want the little one to grow up in a house of Gang members who don't know the pain of their first shift. I worry about these things Abbigail."

"I know baby, so do I. But I promise, our little boy or girl won't grow up the way we did. The gang know what it's like, they've all been through a shift of their own. Their own unique shifts but they know that pain. We have to trust that we'll do just fine once he or she gets here, okay Nick?"

"Okay. But I'm not good at the whole, the talk, thing." Replies Nick in a joking manner. He laughs and I can't help but join in.

Miranda smiles at us from inside and waves for us to come in. I smile and nod, we get up and our puppies are instantly up and walking around, waiting for us to open the door. So cute. I open the door and let the two little puppies run inside, through my legs. Once we get in I get told that Jace has cooked for us all. That's surprising, we must've been out there for ages. I still have a little surprise for Miranda, Jace and Jordan after we finish eating dinner. I let out a chuckle when Jace screams "RATTTTTT" from the kitchen. I walk in there calmly and pick up the small mouse from the ground and set it down outside.

"So what's this I'm hearing about you cooked food for everyone?" I laugh

"Yeah, lasagne, and by the way, you know you're not going to be able to hide 3 extra puppies in your room for long without Miranda sniffing them out."

I laugh and reply with a short, "I know"

We get into the dining room and the whole gang has come down for food. Except Marcus, that's weird, Marcus is usually the first one down here if there's food. I'll check on him in a little bit. We put the 8 lasagnes on the dining table and everyone helps themselves. Nick looks at me from across the table and sends the the sly wink to tell me to get the puppies to give to the others in a second. Although I try to wiggle away from the table unnoticed, Miranda can tell something's up.

"Where you off to Ruby?"

"I feel a little sick, I need to lay down." I lie straight through my teeth but she doesn't notice and just gives me that knowing look.

I get upstairs and to my room where the three little bundles of joy are waiting. When we got our puppies we got 3 extras as well, for the people that do the most for us. I hear everyone packing up the dishes and loading the dishwasher. I hear the sound of people chatting and walking back to their rooms. I smile and clip their leashes on, show time, baby. Here we go. I get outside my room and to the top of the stairs when I hear Miranda squeal at the top of her lungs. I laugh and go down the stairs. I realise she is looking at me then at the puppy in the middle and then back to me. I smile and say, "I guess it gets a little lonely every now and then." and send a wink her way, handing her the middle puppy,

"Is this for me??" She says looking surprised.

"Yes, and this one is Jace's." I say handing her a second puppy, she smiles down at them and I walk into the lounge room where I find Jordan eating my icecream. "That bloody well better not be my icecream you dick!!" I shout to Jordan.

"Okay. Angry pregnant woman with a puppy, scared me half to death."

"She's yours Jordan." I say letting the leash go, I watch the puppy run straight up to him, just onto his lap and start to snuggle up on the couch with him. So adorable.

"Really?" He says looking astonished.

"Yeah, all her stuff is up in your room, it's up to you and her where you put everything but I thought I'd grace your life with a little puppy magic." I say smiling. Jordan lets out a small chuckle when the little puppy decides to lick Jordan on the nose. I have to admit, Jordan would be great with kids.

"Thank you Abby, and thank you Nick as well. You both mean so much to me, you're pretty much my family. I love you guys." He says starting to tear up. I say that it's alright and give him a massive hug.

"Let's watch The Hunger Games!!" Says Jace as he walks into the room holding his puppy.

"Sure." I laugh. He seems so excited. What can I say? There's no bad time for some blood and gore.