When family isn't family.

I awake to someone groaning and pinning me down with their heavy arms. Nick.
"Get off me Niccckkkkk." I whine.
"That's rude, I thought you liked early morning cuddles."
"Cuddles, yes. Being pinned down by your heavy arm trying to hug me, no." Nick soon chuckles and moves his arms so he can hug me while I try to wake up. "Nick you have to get off, I have work." I say.
"I don't want you to work for him. There's something not quite right about him."
"You invited him into the gang. What could possibly be wrong with him?" I ask getting annoyed.
"Just the way he looked at you, like you were his, when you said that we were together. It's not right." He says groaning.
"Look. I'm sorry, I'll do this small thing for Apple then I won't go back, okay?" I say trying to compromise.
"Ugh. How long will it take?"
"One, maybe two, meetings and about two nights worth of drawing." I say.
"Fine but after that you come straight home to me." He says lifting his arm so I can get up. I peck him on the lips and crawl out of bed and walk to my walk in robe and find something to wear...hmmm. Something professional but I am an artist so nothing too overboard. I smile at the outfit I've chosen. A short floral printed dress with a thick brown belt. I strip out of the minimal clothing I'm wearing and put fresh underwear and a bra on and slide into the dress. I pull a pair of ballet flats onto my feet and smile at my reflection in the mirror. Nick sits upright and smiles at my outfit and says that I look nice. I go out my door and downstairs where Jordi is waiting. We get into his car and pull up at his office within ten minutes. "Are you ready? Tim should be here soon and we'll get straight into it." Says Jordi looking anxious.
"What if he doesn't like what I create?" I say.
"He will. Trust me."
"Hello Jordi. And this must be Ruby, I've researched some of your artworks, they're amazing. And by the way, for doing this project at such short notice, have one of our new IPhone 6S'. We do appreciate you doing this." Says Tim.
"It's quite okay." I laugh. We go inside and get into the meeting room.
"So, tell me Bout yourself." Starts Tim.
"Well I'm one of seven children, the only girl of the house. My brothers are all in love with your products, Dario most of all, he just bought the new MacBook Air for me and one for himself. But we don't have enough money at the moment to get the newest IPhone. This is a godsend, thank you." I say gesturing to my new phone.
"It's quite okay. Ive written out a list of requirements that has to be on the poster. Please excuse me for a second, I've forgotten something in my car." Tim slides a peice of paper across the table and I grab it and start reading.
"Oh. Cool. This shouldn't be too hard. I can work with this."
The list consists of;
*Must be black and white. No colour*
*the only name other than the company name that should be on it is your name with "designed by:" next to it.*
*release date must be on it... 02/02/2017*
*the apple logo must be on it somewhere*
*and last one, I don't care what else you put on it. But make it appealing*
Well that's not too hard. I grab out my new phone and plug it into my MacBook Air with it's charger and turn it on. "I'm back. And thank you for sharing your story with me. And to thank you, I've just discussed with my other board of directers that if you create something we like, we will pay you a million dollars for doing this. Plus I thought I'd throw in a couple more IPhone 6S' considering you can't afford them. He says handing me a box of 10 of the new IPhone 6S.
"Thank you so much Tim. This means so much to me and my family." I say tears welling up.
"It's my pleasure."
I start sketching and by the time I'm done it's only 5pm. I smile and hand the sketch over to Tim who smiles at the way I've designed it. Two teenagers smiling at their new Iphone 6s and Tim turns to me and says, "this is exactly the break we needed from all that manly advertising. It's amazing. Just what we wanted." He stands up and shakes my hand. "I best be off to show this to the others."
"Do you mind if I take a photo of it before you leave? I like to photograph all my creations."
"Of course Ruby. Thank you again." He smiles and leaves after I take the photo.
"Well that was interesting. I thought I'd end up having to work on it for a few more days. But it came together really quickly." I smile.
"You did well."
I transferred all my info and contacts etc to my new phone already and I hear a ping come from my phone. I pull it out and see that it was my bank saying I needed to check my balance. I ring ANZ to get my balance and I have to try so hard to hold back a scream when I hear "your available funds are, 3 million, 6 thousand and 75 dollars." I ask Jordi to take me home and he says sure. When we get out at our house I grab an Iphone 6s and hand it to him. "For everything you've done. Without you I wouldn't have got this opportunity."
I get inside and am hounded with questions from Dario and Michael. "Guys. Please give me a chance to talk." I say hoping they'll shut up long enough for me to give them a phone. I open the box abd take out an IPhone 6s for each of them and they scream. Grabbing everyone's attention. "I brought home presents for everyone." I say and earn laughs from everyone, "you guys are like family now. So I thought why not celebrate getting paid 3 Million dollars for one deal?" I laugh out loud and everyone joins in.
"This is the best present ever." Says Michael, kissing me on the lips. I hear the all familiar click of an IPhone camera and spin around to see Miranda, phone in hand, smiling at the photo she got of me and Michael kissing.
"You better send that to me Miranda." I giggle when she nods her head and a ping comes through my phone, signalling she's sent the photo. I open the photo and smile so wide. She got an amazing photo. I instantly screenshot it and set it as my lockscreen. Nick wants the photo so I send it to him and he smiles down at his new home screen wallpaper. I hear the doorbell ring and rush to open it, I am confronted by a postman holding a rather large box. I wonder what this is. I sign off on it and he hands me the box. I pick it up and it's suprisingly light. I take it into the laungeroom and remember what it is. The things I ordered off the internet. New clothes. More makeup and two hoodies that match. I call out to Nick and he comes into the loungeroom with me and I'm already in my hoodie. I hand him his and he looks at me strangely. "Just put it on dummy." I say smiling. He does as I say and he looks at the back of my hoodie and reads what it says, "His girl." And I smile, knowing what his says. "Her guy." Miranda comes in and squeals saying that she needs a photo of these "goals". As she calls it. Me and Michael turn around so our backs are facing the camera and both turn just our heads around so we're looking at the camera and she takes the photo.
"You guys are adorable. Legit relationship goals." Smiles Miranda.
"You and Jace can be goals now too." I say throwing her the same things but they say "King", "Queen." And "Prince."
She smiles at me, knowing I'm the only person in the house that knows she's pregnant with a boy. She was planning on telling Jace today. I guess that's a good way to start. Jace walks in and she quickly bundles up the clothes and rushes upstairs, closely tailed by Jace.
"What was that about?" Says Nick standing next to me.
"Swear on your life you won't tell anyone."
"I swear."
"Good. Miranda's pregnant with Jace's kid and she wants to keep the baby." I say in a rush.
"Oh. My. God. Really? I'm going to be an uncle?" I smile and remember back when Me and Miranda used to joke about Marrying the hottest twins in the school. I guess Miranda is having one of their kids now.
"Yep." I smile and Nick engulfs me in a massive bear hug and he kisses me under the ear, at the base of my neck. I kiss him back and we hear Jace and Miranda coming downstairs smiling their faces off.
"So I'm guessing you told him?" I say winking at her.
"Wait...she knew?" Says Jace dumfounded.
"Of course. Who do you think bought the hoodies?" I laugh.
"Oh. Yeah. Thanks by the way." Says Jace blushing. They go back upstairs and I speak up, "I love you Nick. No matter what, we'll stick by each other. Right?"
"What brought this on Ruby?" Well. Here goes nothing.
"Miranda isn't the only one in this house that's Preggo." I say worried at what he'll say.
"Wait. Dario's pregnant? I always knew he was a chick." Says Michael, making a joke out of what I just said.
"No Nick. I'm serious. Why do you think their is another hoodie in that box that matches ours but says Their baby? Nick I'm not joking. I can even show you the pregnancy test if you really need me to." I say in all seriousness.
"Wait. So you're not kiding."
"Nope."
"I love you Ruby. I guess we better get this place baby-proofed. Especially the weapons room." Replies Nick just as everyone comes into the loungeroom.
"Why are we baby proofing?" Says Jamie looking between me and Nick and Miranda and Jace. I let out an awkward laugh and turn to Miranda and smile.
"We're pregnant." We say in unison.
"Wait. Actual? Omg. I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to be a GodParent." Says Dario.
"Who said you were going to be." I chuckle sending a wink his way.