11: confession time.

over the next few days, as much as seungkwan wanted to ignore the ugly creature entirely, he began to bond with porro.

"yah, porro," he said, as he went into the bathroom one morning, only to find the cat lying in the bath, "get out of here."

the cat squinted her big yellow eyes at him and yawned.

"porro, seriously, do you want a bath or what?" he asked, rubbing his tummy. he was overcome with nausea and quickly kneeled in front of the toilet.

porro hopped out of the bathtub and padded over to seungkwan, giving a sympathetic meow.

seungkwan leaned against the wall, saying, "thanks, porro."

the cat nudged her nose against seungkwan's knee.

"yes, i'll get you your breakfast, you ugly thing," he sighed, getting up and flushing the toilet. he brushed his teeth and washed his hands and face, porro rubbing against his legs. "okay, cat, god."

porro mewled again.

"don't pretend you care, i know you just want your breakfast," he snipped.

the mangy cat followed him into the kitchen and seungkwan got her food. porro ate happily from her bowl.

"why did hansol buy me a fucking cat..." seungkwan muttered for perhaps the fiftieth time in the past few days.

the blond had texted jeonghan because hansol had said, "it was jeonghan's idea!" but the long-haired male had denied everything, saying that he had meant for hansol to think more about kids not cats.

when seungkwan got into work and shrugged out of his fleece lined denim jacket, wonwoo was sitting contentedly at the desk with a cup of tea and a book.

"whatcha reading?" seungkwan asked with a smile.

wonwoo looked up, smiling slightly. he held up the book; all you need to know about male pregnancy.

"informative," seungkwan remarked.

"you can read it after," said wonwoo. "what hours are you working today?"

"i finish at two, and i'm meeting jeonghan," the blond answered. "want to join us? we're getting coffee."

wonwoo shook his head, pushing his glasses up his nose. "mingyu swapped shifts with jihoon so he's doing the night shift and has the afternoon off. he's taking me shopping for new clothes; my shirts and jeans won't fit me before long."

"that's lovely," seungkwan said, "and that's a good point. i'll have to get bigger jeans..."

"you haven't told him yet, have you?"

seungkwan sighed. "i was ready to, but hansol ruined it by getting me that damn cat."

"seungkwan-"

"yes, i know," he hissed. "i'll tell him, alright? i just-" he cut himself off, tugging at his hair. "hansol thinks i'm happy to have a cat whilst he gets ready for children. but i'm already pregnant, he'll be so mad..." seungkwan rubbed his tummy, which seemed to be getting bigger by the day.

"he can't be that mad," wonwoo told him. he sipped his tea. "just promise me that you will tell him?"

"yes, wonwoo, i promise."

"good," said wonwoo.

***

"sweetie," jeonghan said fondly, squeezing seungkwan's shoulder. "it's great to see you. i'm so sorry about-"