Long Way Home (Calum Hood)

You're with Calum and his band sitting in the green room before the show. They're messing around and listening to music while filming Snapchats and Instagram stories of them showing off. You giggle as you watch your friends, who have basically become your family, being silly. 

You pick up your phone and scroll through Instagram, tagging friends in funny posts as the boys have their pre show party. Calum notices you lying on the sofa with your ankles propped against the arm of the sofa. He sneaks up to you and jumps on your lap, straddling your waist as he covers your eyes. You laugh, immediately knowing who it is and poke him in the ribs, knowing that that's his weakest spot. He pulls his hands away from your eyes, grinning as he looks down at you. 

The guys are watching and make smooching noises at you and Cal. He flips them off and leans down to kiss you but, someone comes in and announces it's 5 minutes before the show starts and that the boys should be tuning and so on. Calum sighs and quickly pecks your nose before climbing off you. He gives you a wink and you sit up on the sofa. 

"Good luck guys, you're gonna kill it." You say as they all leave, Calum blows you and kiss and you lie back down, kinda thankful for the moment of quiet. You hear the audience screaming and you know that the lights have gone out and the countdown graphic is on the screen. You smile remembering once, that you were that super excited fangirl. To be honest you still are, just not with 5SOS. You know these guys too well now. 

The show flies by and you hear the final screams. Just a few minutes after, the boys burst into the green room, sweaty and hyped. Calum grabs you and twirls you around in his arms. His shirt is damp with sweat and his hair is stuck to his forehead. You laugh and tell him to put you down but he kisses you lips and you're trapped under his spell (see what I did there ;)).

All the crew are going to go out and celebrate as it's the last show of the year and the guys are going to join. Calum looks at you questioningly when they ask if you guys are coming. The band know how that you don't get much time together alone so they don't push it when you say no. Calum smiles and pulls you down onto the sofa so that you're straddling him.

He kisses your neck and he begins to lift up your shirt when your stomach grumbles. He laughs and your cheeks burn in embarrassment. The only time you get to be with your boyfriend alone and your stomach has to ruin it.

"You hungry babe?" Calum says teasingly and you nod, grinning at him. "Let's go for a drive then." You grab your jacket and your bag from the chair and Calum pulls on a hoodie. He slips his hand into yours and kisses your temple as you walk to his car. Thankfully, you weren't abroad so his parents had driven their car and Mali had brought Calum's so that you guys could go out after. The Australian night is cool as it is only September. You pull your jacket closer and Calum unlocks the car before opening your door for you. 

"After you, my lady." He says in the worst British accent imaginable. You laugh and pretend to do a curtsey before getting into the passenger seat. Calum closes the door after you and slides in the driver's seat. 

"Right, where to?" He asks and you have a think.

"Shall we go to Hungry Jacks, I really want a burger and a milkshake and then we can do drive thru?" You suggest and Calum starts up the car. You press the radio button and a 5SOS's new single blares out of the speakers.

"No, no, please." Calum whines and you laugh before changing the station to something else. A song by Parachute called Kiss Me Slowly begins to play and you sing along. Calum glances at you when you stop at a red light. He watches your mouth move along with the lyrics. 

Hold my breath as you're moving in,

Taste your lips and feel your skin.

When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly.

A car horn breaks Calum out of his trance as he drives across the road and turns into the drive thru. You order together and Calum pays, against your hardest efforts. You feed him fries as he drives around, trying to find somewhere quiet to stop. You guys drive out of the city and you see the skyscrapers and lights fade as you get further out.

 Calum finds an empty side of the road before pulling over. You've already eaten half of your meal and Calum laughs, you guys hop out of his car and sit on the bonnet. You gaze at the stars above you. 

"It's beautiful," You breathe in utter astonishment. You grew up in a city so you're not used to seeing so many stars. You turn and see Calum staring at you while munching on his fries. You blush.

"Don't say something cheesy right now Cal." You warn with a light tone, he laughs and shakes his head.

"It's so tempting but I won't." He winks and you look back at the stars. He finishes his food and slides behind you so you're leaning back on his chest as you gaze at the vast expanse of dark sky.

"Where to now?" You ask. Calum shrugs. You don't want to go home, not yet. These moments with Calum are so rare, you love the band but peace and quiet with Cal is a cherished thing so you don't want to waste it.

"I just wanna drive forever with you."