Gone on Tour (Luke Hemmings)

Written by @louisasa1d

'Muma?' Little Finley comes running round the corner into the kitchen,

'Yes Finny?' You bend down to pick him up, as you do you spin him round. His little chubby 3yr old cheeks puffed up with a toothless smile. He giggles, he reminds you so much of Luke... The cute blue eyes, the adorable giggle and of course the wispy blonde hair. Your smile falters as you think of Luke. He has been on tour now for a solid year. He hasn't come back at all, he missed Christmas and Fin's birthday... Overall your anniversary. Hiding the pain behind a smile for Finley you look into your sons eyes,

'What did you want Finny?' You ask him as you walk from the kitchen into the lounge.

'When dad come back?' Fin's high voice asks. 'I draw a picture for dada,' you take the picture from his hands and look at it.

He may be three but the lines are clear as to what is what. In the picture is a family. Your family to be exact, Luke stands in the middle tall and proud, with you and Finn on each side. In the corner is a strange shape.

'What's this Fin?' You ask.

'It's a gitaa' he replies. A gitaa? Gitaa. Oh. 'Do you mean a guitar baby?' Fin nods.

You thank him and put him down as he goes off to play somewhere in the house. Climbing the stairs you make it to the spare room. Full of everything you hide away; at the back in the corner stands Luke's old guitars, the amps and all his memories of 5 Seconds of Summer. You miss it. The fame, the fans all of it. It all stopped. Michael committed suicide and the boys couldn't play anymore... It wasn't the same. Michael would always be the funny awkward one who would dye his hair and you would joke that he was a chameleon. He was the one who made Luke propose. He was the one who lead you down the aisle on your wedding day with bright green hair. He was the one who glued everyone tighter. Luke was never really the same after that, well until you had Fin. Fin had brought hope back into your lives. 

Then Luke joined the army. It made headline news that a band member had shipped himself to was to serve his country and queen. You were so proud of him for so many reasons but hated him for doing it at the same time. This time last year he was signed for the 18 month tour is Iraq... He had done mini tours before to Arizona and such but never this big. Luke chose not to take any time off and just to get it done. Your weekly letters are all you get. Along with the occasional skype; that's only when the camp isn't on lockdown where they shut it down and no one can make contact with anyone outside. 

You don't realise you're crying at the memories until your throat starts to hurt with the pain. You miss him you really do... And no letters came this week. None. New news. No nothing. All you wanted was a note telling you that he was alive, or that the English base camp was boring and he would rather you there... Anything that made sure you knew he was safe. 

You let it all out... The pain and love for him, your standing there leaning against the door frame crying for Luke. 

Slowly a pair of hands encircle your waste. It's just a dream you tell yourself. A dream. Lips attach to your neck. A dream. They trail down your neck as the hands spin your waist to face the person. You close your eyes knowing that when you open them no one will be there, that it was just your imagination playing tricks. 

'Why are you crying?' 

You open your eyes to a green camo uniform. Slowly your eyes move upwards looking at all the badges and wings. Finally you look up to are Luke's face with the stunning blue eyes boaring into yours. You stand there in silence. He leans down to capture your lips with his.

'Hello baby,' his raspy voice says. You can't reply. You just mean up to kiss him again and again before he disappears. 

You hear the little patter of feet running.

'MAMA LOOK DADA HOME! DADA HOME!' Fin exclaims.

'Yes Fin dada is home' you say smiling as you pick him up and lean into Luke's chest, you sigh happily as like hugs you and kissed your hair.

'Yeah buddy I'm home, home to stay'.