Same Dreams (Ashton Irwin)

Edited: 06/01/19

"Don't, no Ashton don't leave me." 

He lets go of your hand, not even bothering to look at you. His curly hair is flatter than usual and he walks with no spring in his step like he used to. 

"I can make things better, just don't do it, please, I won't be able to cope." 

Ashton walks away, he doesn't look back. He steps out to cross the road, eyes fixed on the tarmac, unaware of the traffic. Suddenly it all happens too fast. The car speeds round the corner, a horn blares, there isn't time to run, you try but your body is frozen, paralysed. 

Ashton looks up just as the car collides with his body. He tumbles over the bonnet of the car, looking like a rag doll. There's a sickening crunch and he rolls over the roof before dropping onto the road behind. You scream but nothing comes out. The tears come, hot and fast, you're stuck, numb, unable to move from your position on the pavement.

"WAKE UP BABY, WAKE UP!" 

You feel yourself being shaken and the nightmare disappears, you open your eyes to the dim light of your bedside lamp and your boyfriend shaking you awake. He's holding you in his arms, you notice your pillow is soaked from the tears and you're shivering. Ashton strokes your hair out of your face and kisses your forehead. 

"It was just a dream, just a bad dream." 

Ashton words are comforting, you try to remember the nightmare but already it's fading, running away from your conscience. The tendrils of sleep are dragging you back.

"Was it the same one?" 

Ash looks at you and you slowly nod, recalling the minor details of the horrific nightmare. He lies you down and gently switches off the lamp, you're plunged into darkness but the way Ash's arms are wrapped around you protectively, makes you feel safe. He gently kisses your collarbone and shoulder. 

"I'll never leave you," he whispers as you drift off.