"I didn't know you liked Say Yes to the Dress!" 

"I don't, it was what was on when I turned it on." My mother was becoming a bridal party, bridal gown, and bride-to-be. She was recently engaged, sparking the 'daddy issues' comment. My brother tore away at the sensitivity that was my father. He'd been faithful to my mother their entire relationship and decided that she wasn't what he wanted. So, he upped and left her high and dry with two teenagers and a mansion for a house. It wasn't long after that my mother met Blake. She claimed he was the 'love of her life' and she meant it this time. I doubted it. My brother got his dating habits from our mother. A different name for every month. She'd been engaged eight times since my father had left and wondered why I couldn't take her and Blake seriously. I pushed from the couch to head back into my room when my mother gasped. 

"Oh Vivian," she smiled sadly, "it seems like we don't spend any time together anymore." I raised an eyebrow and questioned her sanity as she spoke. 

"Because we're both busy." I substituted 'busy' for 'two different people'. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of water. I handed one to mom, and she grabbed my wrist yanking me into the couch. 

"Viva," she gasped, "would you please watch this with me?" She looked me in the face and I watched her expression. She looked like a sad child, and I knew that saying no would result in more of a conversation about our differences later. Also, if I stayed, she wouldn't come down on me so hard for being such a jerk to Viper's new girlfriend. 

"Fine," I exaggerated the sigh and scooted in to make myself comfortable again, "here." She took the water from me and took a long sip. 

"Thank you honey!" She smiled. I smiled back and turned my head to roll my eyes and take a sip. 

"Oh!" My mother shrieked again, with joy, "It's a bridal party episode!" 

"Who cares." I groaned. 

"You should," she smiled, "it's time we order the brides maid dresses. The wedding is in just a few months." 

"Don't remind me." My mom turned, her face looked insulted. "I'm just not a girly girl." I added to sound less harsh. She smiled again and laid a hand across her chest. 

"Well, it's a good thing you were born to a fashion savvy and wanna be Barbie for a mother!" I studied her. She looked close to a Barbie. She had long blonde hair, and deep blue eyes. Her face was aging, but not wrinkled. She had full, pink lips and a nice set of white teeth that made up her elegant smile. She had naturally tanned skin, and a figure that I was refitted with and thankful for. 

"Yeah," I smiled, "good thing."

"Now," she began, "the wedding colors are mint and hot pink. So, keep an eye for styles of dresses you like. I'm sure we can find it, or something similar in the proper colors." I nearly choked on the water in my mouth. 

"What? Hot pink?" I gasped and tried to breath, "Mom, there's zero chance I'll be in a pink dress, understand?" 

"Oh," she sounded disappointed, "I guess I could switch the gender colors. You can wear mint, and Viper could wear a pink vest and tie." I smiled, knowing the haste he'd put into it, but knowing even deeper that I would be the victorious one of the battle because I played a key part in my mother's wedding. She'd asked me to be her maid of honor, and wedding coordinator. I would be second to center of attention. 

"That would make me more comfortable mom," the previews ended and my mother screeched. 

"Okay, okay! Watch!" She pointed, "Tell me if anything stands out to you!" The host was gay, the girl on the show was a prissy bitch, and her attitude was similar to the preps. 

"I like that one." I pointed and she paused the screen to study it. 

"It's a keyhole back, lace covering, mint taffeta." 

"Yeah," I squinted at it, "I mean, that's a nice shade of green." She got up from the couch and jogged to the kitchen. 

"I'll call now," she smiled, "we'll head into the shop for the appointment and have it fitted to you to see if you do like it."

"Sure thing," she headed out onto the porch to talk in her most official voice. 

"Hello, my name is Charlie Buck. I'm a bride to be, and I'm looking to make an appointment for my bridal party of three.. yes.. yes. Well, my daughter saw the dress on the show and loved it!" She laughed and I shut the television off and headed to my room after all. My mother remained on the porch, scheduling an appointment for the dress fitting, making her and Blake seem that much more permanent. Viper was out on a date with another hoe, and I'd be here alone for the rest of the night most likely. The door closed and I froze. 

"Charlotte?" His voice was loud and curious, "Viper?" He asked second, leaving me for last. I shut my eyes and turned to the stairs. 

"Hey Blake," I tried to sound pleasant, "mom's on the phone with an appointment for bridal party gowns. She's on the porch, I'm sure she'd love to see you if you can wait."

"Of course I can." He was pleased with my attitude and nodded in approval. "Thanks Viva." I cringed as he used the nickname my father had given me. My mother, brother, and my closest friends were the only ones who I allowed to call me 'Viva'. I turned and jogged the length of the stairs before he could make further conversation with me.

"Oh Blake!" My mother cried, "Vivian picked out the most gorgeous dress!" 

"Did she?" He asked. She ranted about the dress and I turned the music up on my stereo to drown out the mushy conversation that was about to take place. My mother turned the television back on and I was glad I'd wiggled out of spending my Friday night watching Say Yes to the Dress. I laid in bed and shut my eyes focusing on the lyrics to the song playing.