Chapter 31 - The Battle PT. 4 (Final Chapter)

(Boruto's POV)

My eyes widened as he straightforwardly refused my offer. Takeshi's eyes looked bloodthirst as he looked at Dad.

Takeshi spoke in a stern voice, "I like you, kid. But I'm afraid your Dad is a whole different story. I guess it's time to start a war."

A few seconds of no action whatsoever, a swarm of grunts came from behind us. There must've been at least 400 of them, whereas the cavalry was simply a hundred. They were obviously outnumbered.

Quickly, Takeshi commanded them, "Alright you pathetic fools. It's time to kill these bastards. Show no mercy and take no prisoners, don't hurt this kid here," He gestured towards me, "If you even scratch the kid, you're answering to me. Also, leave Naruto alone. He's mine."

And with that, the two sides began clashing.

I was still on the ground, still sat down, unable to move. My mind pondered the thought of what I should do, should I run away?, so I help?.. but then Sarada came into view. Apparently, she can now move and is doing her very best in battling the other Ukonames. Suddenly, the what-ifs questions came.

What if I was never born?. Would there be no war whatsoever?.. what if I kept my mouth shut about Inojin and Sarada?. Would they have been completely safe and sound and still in a relationship?.

At this point, the wall that shielded my insecurities broke. I felt courage and confidence leave me as my eyes were watery.

Until I heard her shout, "Boruto!, wake up!, you can be him, just snap out of it!!" My eyes were instantly focused towards the voice. Sarada... I recalled asking her if I could be him, if I could be the one for her. Am I?.

Then a sense of reality struck me, quickly, I summoned all my strength and stood up. I see Sarada, her head was bleeding and her left arm must be broken, due to the fact that she's only moving her right arm, holding a kunai. I felt rage fill up inside me as I keep seeing blood dripping from her head, mouth, and arm.

"Shadow clone jutsu!" This wasn't mentioned before, but I had improved on his ninja skills, whether it had something to do with jutsus, or just pure fighting skills. This meant my shadow clones' limit were no longer 3.

Tons of shadow clones were summoned, possibly a hundred or more, still couldn't do better than my old man. But at this rate, the numbers on each side were even.

The clones and I barged in and fought off the other grunts as I ran towards Sarada to help her. Of course, she wasn't entirely sure if I was the real one, "Boruto?, is that the real you or a clone?," As I was fighting the grunt with a kunai, I answered hastily, "I'm the real deal, sweetie. Now would you be so kind in helping the others?, avoid Takeshi." Sarada tried to protest, "Avoid Takeshi?, but—" "Sarada. Please...I'll take care of him...I don't want you to get hurt more." As I finished my sentence, I took down about 5 or 6 guys and Sarada ran off.

No one got near me, I scanned the view, seeing a horrible sight.

The once beautiful and peaceful meadow was now turned into a battlefield with dead bodies and blood. The grass was covered in bodies and red, there was a bit of fire due to the ANBUs using Fire Style Jutsus.

As I frowned at the sight, I heard someone yell my name, "Boruto!"

I turned around.