Chapter 23 - Getting Ready

(Reader's POV)

Naruto and the others looked at Hinata, confused at what she meant by "getting ready for war".

"Hinata?, what do you mean by war?.. I mean, just because they took our son doesn't mean we can't forgive or negotiate the terms of peace.." Naruto said. Hinata looked at Naruto, her byakugan gone, and responded, "We're not the ones starting the war, they are. It's most likely since you guys escaped, they'll cause a massive havoc here in Konoha." "But we didn't escape..they weren't hunting for us in the first place." Naruto retorts.

Hinata shook her head and answered "But they knew you were trying to help Boruto.. No criminal would be too happy about that." At that point, Naruto knew that Hinata made a point.

Naruto nods and said, "We must gather the ANBU and evacuate the whole village, I'll contact the Hidden Mist Village and ask if the villagers could stay there for a while. Hinata, ready the villagers. Hima, go help your Mother. Ino, please help them as well— oh, and Sakura, Sasuke and Sarada are outside." They all agreed to Naruto's plan and headed out.

Sakura ran outside to meet her Husband and Daughter. A smile was spread across her face as she sees the two raven-haired Uchihas. She ran towards them and embraces them tightly.

"Sarada!, Sasuke!" Sakura exclaimed.

(A/N Honestly.. As I was writing this, I got confused due to their names similarly being starting with "Sa" ._.)

Sarada smiles and hugs back as Sasuke grunts and said "Where's Daisuke?" Sakura immediately thought "Crap..I forgot.." Sakura nervously laughs and said "Hahahaaaa, Sai is with him at home.." Sasuke's expression immediately changes. His face looked as if he just swallowed everything sour in the world..

"Sai?.." Sasuke murmured. Sasuke and Sai never really talked, they probably only said a sentence to each other..but that still doesn't change the fact that Sasuke despises Sai a bit. Especially since Sai's on his nerve.. I mean, is there anyone who's pale and smiles even though they're about to get slaughtered?.. Apart from Mitsuki, Sai is the only person like that. Not to mention that Sai was the replacement for Sasuke for the old Team 10— I mean, Team 7.

(A/N I got confused because as I was writing, I was listening to "Help Me Help You" by Logan Paul.. So, that reminded me of Team 10, Jake Paul.)

Sarada felt discomfort as well, but she knew if Sakura knew Sai was there with Daisuke and she did nothing, that means Sakura's fine with it, that made Sarada fine with it as well.

Sasuke's eye started twitching as he says, "Sakura, you left our only son, in the hands of Sai, the Father of the bastard who hurt our  only daughter?.." Immediately, Sakura tries to stop a homicide.. "Sasuke, it's fine!, Ino and I talked!" Sasuke still wasn't convinced, "That still doesn't change the fact that Sai replaced me." "Jesus Christ Sasuke, you still remember that?.." Sakura murmured. Homicide it is then.

Sarada groans and said, "Papa, give Mama a break..she was probably tired of taking care of Daisuke all alone for the past few days so she let Uncle Sai take care or him," Sasuke started calming down a bit, "Besides, it's not like Uncle Sai is going to kidnap or kill Daisuke.."

Sasuke sighed in defeat and began walking home. Sakura followed, but Sarada decided to stay behind to help Hinata and the others.

Sarada walks towards Hinata and asks, "Auntie Hinata, do you need help with anything?.." "Oh!, Sarada!, it's so great to see you.. As a matter of fact, can you go check on Naruto?, he should be at his office. Ask him if the Hidden Mist Village approved and how the villagers could go there." Sarada looked confused, so she asked, "Why would the villagers go to the Hidden Mist Village?.." Hinata then realized that they haven't really told Sasuke and Sarada about the plan yet, "Oh right, we fear that the threat would be attacking the village, so we're evacuating the villagers..you..you should evacuate with them. We adults will take care of them.." "But Auntie, I can handle them!, besides, I'm an adult now!" Hinata shook her head with a smile, "No, you're just a young adult.. It's dangerous.. Anyways, we'll talk about that later, I need to evacuate the villagers," Sarada nodded and replied, "Ok..I'll go check on the 7th.."

Getting ready for a war yet again..but would this be more threatening than the great ninja war?..would more deaths be made?..