zach dempsey [18]

[ requested by @layingintherain ]

IMAGINE ZACH is jealous, because you hang out with clay often. this is, because you both were extremely close with hannah.

in class, you decide to sit next to clay and he tells you a joke which you find incredibly hilarious

in class, you decide to sit next to clay and he tells you a joke which you find incredibly hilarious. so you burst out in laughter, causing zach to look over. zach observes you and clay smiling and giggling with each other, which breaks his heart.

an hour goes by, and the teacher announces that there is a group project due in a month's time. "class, i didn't have time to assign partners. so, choose wisely please! yes, i am looking at you foley and walker."

zach slings his backpack over his shoulder and is about to ask you to be his partner, until he overhears you asking clay instead. you turn around to greet zach, but he glares at you and storms out the classroom.

for the whole day, zach gives you the silent treatment and you give up trying to speak to him. the silent treatment continues for a week. then, two weeks and now it has been a few months.

you can't stop thinking about him, you regret not telling zach your feelings for him. after the winter break, you walk in liberty high and up to your locker.

"zach... you and sheri. what about it?" you can literally hear justin's smirk forming. failing to attempt distracting yourself, you give up and eavesdrop on the conversation.

"maybe i will. ever since (y/n) blew me off for some nerd-" zach is interrupted as you slam your locker shut. he looks at you with a shocked expression on his face and the rest of the group laugh, walking away from the scene.

"zachary shan-yung dempsey, how dare you! you never even made any moves on me, so don't tell your little friends bullshit. in fact, you ignored me for no apparent reason. why didn't you tell them that?"

you manage to quickly say, catching your breath. the tall basketball player walks towards you and gazes into your eyes. "if you only knew how much it hurt, s-seeing you and clay together..."

"clay? the guy who my best friend loved? why would i do that to someone? we are just close friends." zach hits the locker next to him, making you jump. "i'm a fucking asshole,"

"you see, (y/n), watching you and clay together made me think that you liked him instead of me. i really liked you, well i still like you now but that-"

zach is interrupted again by your lips being pressed against his mouth. it takes a few seconds for zach to process the situation, but he pulls you into his embrace and kisses you back.

"no kissing in the hallways! get to your classes now or else that's detention... for two weeks!"

you pull away from zach, still wrapped in his embrace. "(y/n), does that mean we can still kiss in class?"

[ credits to gif owner ]