THE END

JACOB STOOD OVER THE SILKY HOTEL POOL WATER, SLIGHT RIPPLES GLISTENING BENEATH THE LIGHT OF THE STARS. He watched them, his shoulders only hunched slightly. But it was easy to tell that he wasn't standing over pride, not like the usual. It wasn't fear, though. It was hopelessness, maybe grief. His back was facing me, he didn't want me to see the look in his eyes. I didn't want to. This is the weakest I've seen Jacob. I know that he's mourned before... Over someone... But it was never like this. I feel like I can't handle it like this. 

I don't want to break up this scene, but him and I both need our sleep if we're going to be on the road tomorrow. "Hey," he tilts his head upwards for a moment when he hears my voice. 

"You didn't have to follow me, you know," he doesn't sound mad, or annoyed, not at me at least. His voice only shadowed sadness. I pause for a moment, my tongue against my teeth. I don't know what to say, really. My company isn't anything he needs right now. Jacob continues, several emotions slurring over every word that shook out of his mouth, "I'm sorry I've been such an ignorant bitch lately, I really am. But there's a reason why I'm like this, and that reason really fucked up my life. You're a great person, Ky, you really are. I know I don't act like I care about you but I do, and I'm trying not to." His words hit me hard. Fast. Before I can say anything, even though I don't know what to say, he continues talking. "I think that I just got the wrong mistake mixed up. It was pretty fucking selfish but..." He pauses for a moment, not moving once. Slowly, I step up beside him. We don't look at each other. We just stare at the stillness of the water. The wind had stopped, everything was at peace. "I promise I will tell you everything once we get inside," Jacob breaks his silence. He sounds much calmer. He turns to look at me this time. His cloudy eyes are the first thing that appeal to me, as always. I find it strange how they don't ring any corresponding emotions as mentioned before... They seem to be saying something else. My heart almost stops when I realize it's guilt. 

Jacob head abruptly snaps toward the pool, making me jump. Slowly, I turn my head towards my left. It's the water. There was a ripple. I swear to God, I just saw a ripple. 

AND THEN THE INJECTED CAME AND THEY DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN 

THE END 

OKAY JUST KIDDING IM REWRITING "INJECTED" FOR THE THIRD TIME WOOWHOOO AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT BE ON MY MAIN ACCOUNT, ILL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED ((IF YOURE STILL READING THIS, THAT IS... THIS BOOK IS OLD))