A Call

"Is your dad settling in okay?"

"Yeah, my mom and I had set up his room really nicely before we went to bring him home. He seems comfortable. As much as he can be."

"And what about you, babe? How are you doing?" Wad took a shaky breath in.

"I could be better," Wad finally answered. "I would feel better if you were here with me, P." Wad could practically hear him smile over the phone.

"I'll be up there as soon as I get out of my interview this afternoon. Do you want me to get anything from the pharmacy on my way?" The edges of Wad's lips pulled into a small smile.

"I think we're all set," he paused, "Thank you, Prem."

"Of course," Prem replied. "I'll see you soon. Tell your mom I'm bringing dinner, don't let her cook tonight. She needs a break." Wad smiled wider. How did he ever get so lucky?

"I will. Go get ready for your interview. You're definitely going to get it, but it doesn't hurt to prepare." Prem chuckled on the other side of the line.

"Thanks babe. Love you," he said.

"I love you, too."

.

Author's Note: watch me whip out this fluff mess because I've had a rough few days and I needed to be happy. Another alternate story for sotus s where Prem and Wad are in a loving, committed relationship and support each other and love each other. Dialogue heavy because I'm a mess.