Severus's Worst Memory

Violet's P.O.V. 

It had been several months since I had gotten my necklace from Severus and I had been wearing every day since. Ten Death Eaters had escaped from Azkaban, Harry had been teaching a club of students that had been called Dumbledore's Army, and (my personal favorite) Dumbledore had left the school. Umbridge had replaced him as headmistriss. She had been passing crazy rules. Severus and I's favorite was that boys and girls weren't allowed to be within eight inches of each other. It was driving us nuts. He had kicked me out of the Occlumency lessons. I had been allowed to go to the first couple, but then he had kicked me out. It was very frustrating. I had been listening in through the door and it didn't sound like Harry was making any progress. 

"Severus?" I said one morning when Severus was being extreamly quiet. "Are you okay?" 

"No. I'm tired, Violet. I can't remember the last time I slept well." Severus sighed. 

"You could take a break." I said. 

"Not with the devil woman watching." Severus muttered. "She'll think something's up and fire me." 

"Do you have to teach Harry potions for extra credit tonight?" I asked. That was our code for Occlumency. 

"Yes. And believe me, I don't feel like it." Severus said. 

"You'll get through it." I said. "Don't worry. Everything will be alright." 

"I'm not so sure about that." Severus said. "What with the Death Eaters escaping Azkaban and all." 

"They won't be able to hurt me." I said. 

"No, Vi. These people are insane and won't hesitate to kill you." Severus said. "Promise me you won't do anything stupid and get yourself killed." 

"I'll try." I said. "But you know me. Always doing something crazy." 

I wanted to hug him, but I was paranoid that Umbridge was somehow watching us. Severus got the message and nodded to show he understood. We heard a commotion outside the classroom and guessed that it was the students. I sat back at my desk and picked up my book again. Severus opened the door and let the students in. They all sat at their desks and were quiet without Severus telling them to. All the students were so upset about Umbridge that they were all obeying the rules without question. 

Severus gave them a lecture on what to do and then came and sat across from me. He looked worried. I looked at him, confused.

"Why do you look so worried?" I asked. 

"I just don't want the Death Eaters to hurt you." Severus sighed.

"Why would they? You're on good terms with them, so why should I worry?" I said. 

"Because they know you and Harry are close. Pettigrew told Voldemort and I confirmed it." Severus said. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." I sighed. In a whisper, I asked, "You didn't tell him that we're related right?"

"No, I didn't." Severus shook his head. "If he ever asks me that, I'll say no." 

"Good." I breathed a sigh of relief. "Is Loki a Death Eater by any chance?"

"Not that I know of." Severus said. "Why?"

"Just curious." I shrugged.

"You care about him." Severus said. 

"Not as much as I care about you." I said. "I don't like him in that way. I like him as a friend." 

"Good." Severus said. "I would kill you if you liked him as more than a friend."