The Black Dog

Violet's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning in Severus's arms. I smiled as the memories of yesterday flooded back. Severus loved me! We were together now! And we had kissed! I rolled over and saw that Severus was awake.

"Good morning, my love." Severus said. 

"My love? I can get used to that." I chuckled. "Good morning." I kissed Severus.

"That will never get old." Severus said. I giggled.

"No, never." I said.

I nuzzled Severus's chest and he kissed the top of my head. I had waited so long for this. For a man I knew I could trust. I loved Severus more than anything.

"You know we can't stay here forever." Severus said. "We have to go teach."

"Say you're sick or something." I said.

"You know I can't do that." Severus said.

"I guess your right." I sighed. "I'm gonna go take a shower." 

"Ok." Severus said.

I took a shower and got changed. I was happier than I had been in a long time. When I was changed, I went to meet Severus before he let the students in. We kissed passionatly, and then broke apart. I saw sadness in Severus's eyes. 

"We won't be able to do that again for a few hours." He said.

"I know." I said sadly. "We just have to survive for 3 hours."

"I think I can do that." Severus said.

Severus taught a few classes, but I could tell his mind wasn't really on them. He kept looking at me and he stuttered a few times. When it was time for lunch I walked up to him.

"What was up with you?" I asked. 

"I couldn't keep my mind off of you." Severus said.

"Aw, you're sweet." I said. 

"Do you want to go to lunch?" Severus asked.

"No, I'm not really hungry." I said.

"Well, I'm starving." Severus said. "Do you want to come with me, or do something else?"

"I'm gonna go for a walk, if that's okay with you." I said.

"That's fine. I'll see you later, then?" Severus asked.

"Of course." I said. I gave Severus a quick kiss on the cheek.

I walked outside and in case I got hungry I had brought some food with me. I walked to the edge of Hogsmede village and heard a growling noise. I turned around and saw a giant, black dog standing behind me. It was looking at the food in my hand. I kneeled down on the ground. 

"Hey, boy." I said. The dog growled at me. I flattened out my palm so he could see the food and his growling ceased at once. "You want this?" I asked. 

The dog whined and I held out the food towards him. He hesitated to come towards me.

"It's ok. I won't hurt you." I said. The dog padded towards me and licked the food of my hand. I tried to pet him and he growled at me. "Ok, I won't do that yet. You're a pretty cute dog, so you can't keep me away forever."

The dog sniffed me. When he got to my pockets, he started pawing and whining. I chuckled. He had found my secret stash. I took some crackers out of my pocket and opened the packet. The dog barked. 

"You must be hungry. You're so skinny." I said.

I tossed the crackers towards him. The food was gone in a few seconds. I reached out my hand to pet him again and he flinched, but didn't growl. He padded towards me and let me stroke his head. He was really soft and easily the most beautiful dog I had ever seen, even though he was a little mangy, but I could give him a bath. I gave him a little more food and then decided to head back to the castle.