The Sorcerer's Stone

Violet's P.O.V.

The rest of the months of the year passed quickly. Soon, it way May. Severus and I had grown much closer. I was hoping he would let me come and stay with him over the summer.

"Severus, can I stay with you over the summer?" I finally asked.

"Of course." He replied. "What, did you think I was going to make you go back to your father?"

"I was hoping not." I said.

"Well, that's never going to happen. I promise." Severus reassured me.

"Thank you. So, any news on Quirrell?" I asked.

"No. But I have a feeling he'll try to steal the Stone any day now." Severus said.

"I hope he doesn't." I sighed. "Do you think he'll try to steal it over the summer?"

"I never thought about that. Maybe we should stay over the summer to gaurd it just in case." Severus said.

Just then, Dumbledore came down the stairs towards us.

"Oh, hello Severus, Violet. I've just gotten an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic. I've left Minerva in charge." He said.

"What would the Ministry want right now?" Severus asked.

"They just said they needed my assistance quickly." Dumbledore shrugged.

"But, sir, we think Quirrell is after the Stone. We think he's going to steal it any day now." I said.

"Then do all you can to protect it. I know I can count on you two to keep an eye on him." Dumbledore said. Severus and I looked at each other.

"Very well." Severus said. "How long will you be gone?"

"About two days. I should be back in time for the end of term feast." Dumbledore replied.

"Alright. Good luck." I said.

"Thank you, Violet." Dumbledore smiled at me.

Dumbledore left the castle and I turned to Severus.

"Wonderful. So we have to stop Quirrell all by ourselves." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Apparently so." Severus sighed.

A few hours later, Severus and I were watching the students pass to their classes. I saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione passing and then they stopped about 20 feet away from us. Harry was whispering urgently to Ron and Hermione.

"I think I'll go see what those three are up to." Severus said, noticing who I was watching.

Severus walked up behind them and I watched from a distance. They stopped whispering as soon as Severus was behind them.

"Good afternoon." Severus said slowly. Harry turned around to face him. "Now what would three young Gryffindors, such as yourselves, be doing inside on a day like this?"

"Uh...we-we were just-" Hermione started and Severus stopped her.

"Be careful. People will think you're," Severus started and then stopped. Harry was glaring at him and Severus looked at him, confused. "up to something."

Severus walked away after that and motioned for me to join him. I hurried over to him.

"You saw how Harry looked at me, right?" Severus asked me.

"Yes. He thinks you're trying to steal the Stone." I said.

"What?" Severus said.

"I know. I don't like it either." I said.